1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Roger Goodell has finally lost his mind now that he wants to expand the playoffs

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Dec 13, 2012.

1. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,653 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    It waters down the playoffs. It should be hard to get into the post season. You should have to win your division or have a pretty good record. Allowing half of the NFL into the post season means that mediocrity is rewarded.
  2. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    So under that format, if the AFC playoffs started today the crappy Jets @ 6-7 with the Three Stooges at QB would make the playoffs as the 8th seed. You'd think a team that gets into the playoffs should actually deserve it.
  3. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I can already see I won't be watching the NFL in 2020
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    how would it be pointless?
  5. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    because you don't have to do much to make the playoffs:bang2:
  6. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,540 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

two extra teams per conference added would not have such an effect.

As it stands the season ends with 10 teams per conference sitting it out. This would change it to 8 teams sitting it out, while 8 were in.

under such a rule, if the season were over right now, every team in the playoffs would have a winning record except the jets.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

I don't like it and I wish that fool stops trying to turn the NFL into the NBA
  8. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,979 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    I agree with this.

In addition, i think that it would make the final few weeks of the regular season much more interesting and it lengthens the post season.
  9. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    So I;m the only one on this board who is ok with it being EASIER to make the playoffs?

I can tell some of you wasn't around in the 80's
  10. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,540 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    I would prefer only adding one more team per conference and only the top team would get a bye.

This would serve my desire to lessen the number of meaningless games in December while not expanding the length and overall tradition of playoff football and would be a wash in regard to player safety

the league though is mostly interested in money, not quality of play in which case a lack of expanding the weeks of playoffs would be a non starter for them
  11. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I got it. The top teams in the conference go straight to the Super Bowl, then the regular season would mean SO MUCH!
  12. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    One year a 11-5 team doesn't make it in and another year a 7-9 team makes it in.

His idea may not be the best solution but that shouldn't happen.
  13. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,699 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    just remember its not Goodell, its the owners that want to expand the playoffs, so i learned in another thread i started.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Of course because their teams are probably the ones not making the playoffs
  15. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    Oh well......

Trust me Nfl won't lose any sleep, as long as Cowboys are still around, i'll still watch.
  16. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

I can't watch a fixed league
  17. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,291 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    16 teams making the playoffs is an absolute joke. That is half the league exactly. Then it becomes like the NBA and NHL. Half the league making it in and the regular season becomes that much less interesting.

With this format, we would have made the playoffs in 05, 08, and last year. And the funny thing is, in 2010, we may have had an outside shot with the run we went on when Wade was fired.

Keep it how it is. It's fine. But we all know, money talks. And more games, especially playoff games = more revenue to share with all the owners.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I wonder when people will figure out that Roger is a mouthpiece for the owners. Probably never.
  19. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

459 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Uh yea......another thing that will absolutely kill the NFL.

This is getting more and more ridiculous. I guess I can live with more teams in the playoffs. However, if they eliminate the kickoffs, I'm done.
  20. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,341 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    It's been a really long time, so forgive me if I've forgotten for certain, but haven't we always had 12 teams make the playoffs?

So was it a fixed league when 12 of 28 teams made it?

This really isn't that big a deal.