1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rolando McClain on field for Morning Walkthrough 7/26

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bluestang, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,066 Messages
    5,573 Likes Received
    "@toddarcher: Only a special teams walkthrough so not all players on hand"
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Looks skinny in that photo.
  4. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,267 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received
    It's funny. Looking at that photo, I would say that if McClain were facing away from me and ten or fifteen players stood between me and him... I... I'm not sure if I would know it was him yelling at Rowdy about something...
  5. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,616 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    So three practices so far and all of them walk thoughs without pads. What kind of pansy training camp is this?
  6. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    looks more like a wide receiver
  7. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    They are all like this now, thanks to the new CBA.

The first padded practice is later on today.
    ScipioCowboy likes this.
  8. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,640 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    He's played over 260 in the past (too heavy) imo. So hopefully he's around 250 now.
  9. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Hope that means he's in shape and ready too go out there and ball
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  10. Cowboys22

3,616 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Like I said, pansy training camp. This team is going to be softer than my new pillow.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,493 Messages
    6,211 Likes Received
    Garrett covered this in the TC intro presser. Easing in to limit soft tissue injury is the idea.
  12. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,308 Messages
    2,117 Likes Received
    So is every other team then so what difference does it make if you are indeed correct? Or is it just the Cowboys that are affected and not everyone despite all TC's experiencing this?
    5Stars and Heelsboy like this.
  13. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,562 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    After hearing McClain explain his "retirement" situation, I'm a big fan. Takes a big man to walk away from football (twice) for your children. Get him in the lineup quick, he's one of the few enforcers that we have on D.
    Muhast likes this.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,886 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    Same rules for everyone
    5Stars likes this.
  15. Cowboys22

3,616 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    So you're telling me that league rules state that the teams first 3 practices of training camp have to be walk throughs with no pads? I don't think so. Garrett is being soft on them because everyone is scared of injures.
    50cent likes this.
  16. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    Different method, that is all. No team can run practice how they would like. Is there a scared element? Maybe. But all teams have to take advantage of all the contact practices they have. Garrett is choosing to start slow.
  17. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,267 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received
    http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaR...eral/2011_Final_CBA_Searchable_Bookmarked.pdf

Article 23, Preseason Training Camps, Section 6, Conduct of Practices:

(a) The first day of a Club's preseason training camp shall be limited to physical examinations, meetings, and classroom instruction; no on-field activities shall be permitted other than running and conditioning. No contact shall be permitted and no pads shall be worn during the second and third days of Preseason Training Camp. Thereafter, two-a-day practices shall be permitted, subject to the following rules: (i) players may be on the field for a total of no more than four hours per day; (n) players may participate in no more than one padded practice per day, which shall be no longer than three hours of on-field activities; (ii)i there must be at least a three hour break after the practice; and (iv) the second practice on the same day may only be for a maximum of the remaining available on-field time, and shall be limited to only "walk-through" instruction (i.e., no helmets, full-speed pre-snap, and walking pace after the snap). The three-hour limit on padded practices shall begin as soon as position coaches begin to coach players on the field. The definition of a "padded practice" under this Article shall be the same as the definition used for regular season practices in Article 24, Section l (c) of this Agreement. In the event that a Club begins a padded practice but such practice is cancelled within sixty minutes of its commencement due to inclement weather or for any other reason beyond the Club's control, such practice shall not count as a padded practice under this Article or Article 24.

(b) Notwithstanding the foregoing, or anything in Article 24, it shall not be a violation of any provision of this Agreement pertaining to the prohibition or limitation on wearing of helmets or shoulder pads, nor shall it constitute a "padded practice," if: (i) quarterbacks, kickers, punters, and/or long-snappers only wear helmets and/or shoulder pads during practice at the option of the player; (n) a player who, because of a head injury, is directed by the Club physician to wear a helmet as a precautionary measure at all practices; or (iii) the quarterback and/or the defensive player who receives signals from the coaching staff via helmet communication wear helmets during the team period in which helmets are used for such communication.
    casmith07 likes this.
  18. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,202 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    Game, set n match
    DMOB and 5Stars like this.
  19. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,364 Messages
    1,521 Likes Received
    Only the pansiest...

But I hear that Jones is supplying all bathrooms with the cheapest of toilet papers.
    That should toughen up their backsides...
    5Stars likes this.
  20. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,640 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    5Stars likes this.