1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rolando McClain's path to here

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Jul 2, 2014.

1. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

570 Messages
    78 Likes Received
  2. keds

keds Member

335 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Pringles, sprite and dip could be three of the worst things you could put in your body...
  3. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

758 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    Wonderful. You'd be a big help. Maybe they'll pick you to mentor him
  4. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,380 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    In a strange but vague way you makes sense. LOL, not really. Never half made sense but your parrott-like responses are fun. LOL not really. But let me say this: . . . um, no.:)
  5. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,380 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    When you put it that way, it make sense.
    Splendid job.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,979 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    No other way to put it. This is a no lose situation for the Cowboys even the pick be it a 6th or a 7th would all depend on making the team and amount of playing time. I hope the guy is ready to come in and take advantage of this chance if so then we not only add a player with starting ability we add depth to a needed position. If things do not work out he goes his way and the Cowboys move on with the guys we have and continue to look to churn the roster.
    5Stars likes this.
  7. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,376 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    He had his shot at redemption with the ravens, I don't think he had an Epiphany since then but we will see.
  8. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

626 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I don't remember Tyron story. This reminds how Dez's career could have spriral out of control. Addict mom, leaching friends, etc. Maybe Dez, can inspire. Pulling for this guy, particulary considering the pressing need at MLB.
  9. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,486 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    When he signed with them he had done nothing to correct his path. Since them he has had a year away, returned to school to finish his degree, disassociated himself with family and friends that were taking him down the wrong path, and reconnected with Nick Saban who initiated the idea of him coming to Dallas by contacting Garrett. I'd say that qualifies as a valid attempt to correct your life and move forward in a positive way. I don't expect much from this situation but I do have hope that he is now on the right path and will contribute at some level. If not, who cares. They will have lost nothing.
  10. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,486 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    McClain's story is like Dez's, Tyron's, and Micheal Orr's all wrapped up in one.
  11. scooper

scooper Active Member

106 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    I'm already rooting for the guy since he has a star but this article made him one of the players I'm most rooting for. Go McClain!