1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Roles Reversed

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by MilesAustinforMVP, Oct 18, 2008.

1. MilesAustinforMVP

MilesAustinforMVP Benched

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin, what if things were switched around?....
    think about it.

Would the country's collective point of view be different?

Ponder the following:
    What if the Obamas had paraded five children across the stage,
    including a three month old infant and an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter?

What if John McCain was a former president of the Harvard Law Review?

What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating class?

What if McCain had only married once, and Obama was a divorcee?

What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife after a severe disfiguring car accident, when she no longer measured up to his standards?

What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair while he was still married?

What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became addicted to painkillers but also acquired them illegally through her charitable organization?

What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five?(The Keating Five were fiveUnited States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)

What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

What if Obama couldn't read from a teleprompter?

What if Obama was the one who had military experience that included discipline problems and a record of crashing seven planes?

What if Obama was the one who was known to display publicly, on
    many occasions, a serious anger management problem?

What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money from beer distribution?

What if the Obamas had adopted a white child?

You could easily add to this list. If these questions reflected reality,
    do you really believe the election numbers would be as close as they are?
    This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes
    positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative
    qualities in another when there is a color difference.

Educational Background:
    Barack Obama:
    Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in
    International Relations.
    Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Mag na Cum Laude

Joseph Biden:
    University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.
    Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

John McCain:
    United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899
    Sarah Palin:
    Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
    North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
    University of Idaho - 2 semesters -journalism
    Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
    University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism
    Now think about what equality means to you.....
  2. Hostile

Hostile Jason Garrett's Loudest Supporter Zone Supporter

119,330 Messages
    3,512 Likes Received
    That was a very interesting post.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl You already know why I'm here Staff Member

68,402 Messages
    8,559 Likes Received
    I thought so, too...
  4. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Yeah interesting...

Let's throw out every negative trait of one side and every positive one of another, ask you to switch them up, and see who you would vote for.

Not surprising you didn't mention...

What if McCain had ties to someone who funded terrorism?

What if Obama had years and years of experience in politics?

And not to mention the differences in policies and views on issues. You don't talk about those.

What if McCain was the one pushing a borderline marxist platform?

What if Obama was going to keep all the tax breaks/credits the same?

etc. etc. etc.
    This line was pretty ironic given the content of your post.
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm glad he brought up Obama's educational background. How come he has refused to release his college transcripts and refused to tell who paid for his college tuition?

Now that would be interesting to see.

But then again, he won't release his birth certificate so what can we expect?
  6. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well to graduate Magna Cum Lade from a law school you have to be at least in the top 10%. So I can only imagine he did rather well.

Moreover, I don't think McCain wants to bring up places of birth. He technically can't run for president since he was born in Panama.
  7. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You beat me to it. For those of you playing at home, this is yet another lame attempt to stifle criticism by playing the race card. If Obama loses, this will be their rallying cry. What's lost on them is that he's made it this far precisely because he's a bi-racial man with an exotic background. A white man of the same age sporting similar paltry achievements would have been left in the dust by Hillary and others long ago. Simply put, Barak is John Edwards with a tan. And it goes without saying that had John McCain been a member of a racist, KKK-style church for 20+ years or befriended a man who blew up abortion clinics, his candidacy would have been dead from day one. For the shameless Dems, it's just business as usual. So take your race-hustling, while-liberal-guilt hysterics and stick it where the sun don't shine. The rest of us have a country to save.
  8. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You mean the birth certificate that factcheck.org has examined and photographed?

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Notice that there is also an announcement of Obama's birth in Hawaii's newspaper.
  9. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1. If McCain has loose ties to a weatherman I doubt anyone would care the least bit since McCain was a POW in Vietnam.

2. Then Obama would make the same charges McCain is making against Obama. I really don't see your point with that one.

3. Now you are just being ridiculous.

4. Then Obama would be a Republican. :laugh2:

Anyhow, you are blind if you don't think people's perceptions dramatically change if the roles were reversed. I think its great that you are color blind, but don't be so naive as to think others are as well.
  10. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

26,615 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    Agenda-driven is answer to all of the questions.
  11. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Correct.

But to be honest, alot of your posts in the PZ are like this as well.

Anyway..

I gurantee you that people who focus on race would have definately made this an issue.

I am not really familiar with this portion of John McCain's life. Is this pretty much what happened?
  12. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can't speak to the "not measuring up to his standards" part because I can't read minds, but he did leave his wife after the accident, which may also explain why he had an affair with Cindy during his marriage to his first wife.
  13. jwhardin

jwhardin Member

412 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, legally and technically, children of anerican military born while serving overseas or abroad are natural born american citizens, like my daughter who was born while I was stationed in Italy.
  14. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,727 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Do not let facts get in the way of a good story.
  15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

26,615 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    YOU are being honest for me?

I have no agenda. Not for Dems or Repubs... closest one is the Independent and I dont see them being relevant anytime soon.

I am curious... find a post where it is agenda driven? Make sure that I not pointing out either a.) both sides or b.) the current events or perception flavor of the day in the media.
  16. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,932 Messages
    65 Likes Received

Its because he is full of it. She had the accident while he was a POW (3 years before his release in 1973) McCain stayed with her and they divorced in 1980

So basically MAMVP is once again full of ****

McCain as part of the divorce pays all her medical bills for life

Carol McCains thoughts on their divorce
  17. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For the record... The five senators involved were 4 democrats and 1 republican.

The five senators, Alan Cranston (D-CA), Dennis DeConcini (D-AZ), John Glenn (D-OH), John McCain (R-AZ), and Donald W. Riegle (D-MI), were accused of improperly intervening in 1987 on behalf of Charles H. Keating, Jr., chairman of the Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, which was the target of a regulatory investigation by the Federal Home Loan Bank Board (FHLBB). The FHLBB subsequently backed off taking action against Lincoln.

Lincoln Savings and Loan collapsed in 1989, at a cost of over $3 billion to the federal government. Some 23,000 Lincoln bondholders were defrauded and many elderly investors lost their life savings. The substantial political contributions that Keating had made to each of the senators, totalling $1.3 million, attracted considerable public and media attention. After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committee determined in 1991 that Alan Cranston, Dennis DeConcini, and Donald Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB in its investigation of Lincoln Savings, with Cranston receiving a formal reprimand. Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".
  18. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    More proof of McCain's ability to reach across the aisle.:D
  19. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  20. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow... Y'all totally ignored that the lone republican was cleared of wrong doing and 3 of the 4 democrats weren't.

There's another reversal for you...

If it had been 4 republicans and Obama was the lone democrat and was cleared of wrong doing, would you have listed this as one of the blemishes on Obama's resume and not mention him being cleared? Or would you have called it a republican scandal and ignored Obama's role in it completely?