1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo 1-5 in win or go home games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,120 Messages
    778 Likes Received
    EXACTLY. That's why judging Romo off of this particular stat is ridiculous. EVERY single QB that plays in the playoffs will take an L in a "win or go home game". And every single QB that's on a team that DOESN'T make the playoffs takes an L in a "win or go home" game at some point in the season (whether it's week 17 or not). People need to get a grip.
  2. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    why are you watching a show hosted by jalen rose?...he's a bum
  3. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,772 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    I can't see any scenario where he doesn't get blamed for the loss... that's just not how it works in Cowboy land. Unless he has some kind of mutant game like a Kurt Warner 29-33, 5 TD game special. I will say if he even throws one interception, even if it bounces off someone's hands or a route is run incorrectly, we will never hear the end of it. Even if they lose by 45.
  4. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,381 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    You are so correct! And ESPN will be right there laying it on Romo 24/7...
  5. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,498 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    So, if I'm getting this right, all the teams that have already been eliminated are guaranteed to have a .500 record in Week 17 win-or-go-home games this year.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,116 Messages
    5,595 Likes Received
    it's about time this core group win a big game.
  7. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    869 Likes Received
    Yes but if we lose Sunday night, the last 2 months don't mean a thing. And this season will be yet another disappointment.
  8. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,266 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    Excellent troll attempt by OP. Sure brought all the clueless fans out of the woodwork.
  9. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,549 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Those people are idiots & don't understand the concept of TEAM Sports.
  10. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,504 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Hogwash,,, regardless of how Romo plays the talking heads will add it to his stats(as if he were the sole owner) and feed it to the unwashed masses for the next 50yrs.
  11. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,243 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    Then Romo's numbers are meaningless. Don't ever use them again. It's the teams numbers.
  12. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,243 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    If Washington scores on every possession, then so should we. If their QB outscores ours, then it's on us. This is a QBs game. If a team wins, everyone praises the QB. If a team loses, everyone throws stones at the QB. If you don't like being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys, highest position in sports, and you can't handle the ridicule of that position, the highest paid position in football, then go sell insurance.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,074 Messages
    6,898 Likes Received
    Oh, I know why he's labeled a choker alright. I only wonder that there are Cowboy fans who both watch the games and still believe it.
  14. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,498 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Or maybe use team stats (like W-L records) to compare teams, and use individual stats to compare players.
  15. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,234 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    Terrible comparison. Romo's stats are only used for him as they should. For some reason, the teams production is all put on him also. A player's stats are all they personally can control. They can't control wins and losses.
  16. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I fully expect Redskins vs Cowboys to be a shootout with both teams scoring in the 30s. "SHOULD" the Redskins happen to win this game, it will feel like a Changing of the Guard. If we can make it to the playoffs in a rebuilding year with a rookie QB who's only 22.....then imagine when we continue to establish both sides of the ball via draft and Free Agency to further compliment the new franchise QB.
  17. Fmart322

Fmart322 Active Member

983 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Carolina fans said the same thing after last season with Cam.
    The NFL catches up quick. Teams will be gunning for him.
  18. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,772 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read. What if Romo outplays Griffin badly but the Skins run back 3 kickoffs for touchdowns? Wait, I already know your dull-witted answer: Romo needs to get out there and run back 3 kicks! Because he's the QB of the Cowboys, dangit.

It's a team game. Wrap your head around it, it's easy if you try...
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,086 Messages
    2,216 Likes Received
    Wow. What a novel idea.:star:
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,074 Messages
    6,898 Likes Received
    You're going to lose ground each of the next two offseasons to the rest of the NFCE when it comes to the draft. You're at a competitive disadvantage each year from here on out if you don't make it this season. Unless you're able to trade Cousin's for more than he's worth, eventually. You will have youth at the QB position, though, for some time to come. Congrats on that. Hope it's consolation for you during the long off season that starts next week.