1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo and cracked ribs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Joshmil53, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,839 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    Yeah, I have heard them all.

1. No defense
    2. No offensive line
    3. Receivers drop balls.
    4. Receivers don't run the right routes.
    5. Poor coaching.
    6. No running game.
    7. Cracked rips.
    8. What is next?? Pick anything.
  2. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Cracked Brain. MRI shows.:laugh2:
  3. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    LOL!!!!

so when you see 2 andd 3 players breaking free through the line without being blocked, whos fault is that if not the Oline?

Thank you. You gave me a good laugh today where there wasnt one.
  4. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Top two receivers out with injury. But hey, none of these things is a major factor. LOL And all of them together are even less important. Bwaaaa!!!!
  5. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Garrett obviously has no problem with getting his QB killed. I dont see what was different yesterday than what occurred to his offense in 44-6, the Minnesota game a year later, or the Giants win and in from last season. All games where teams brought huge pressure, all games where nothing resembling an adjustment is made. This is the book on how you beat Jason and his offense.
  6. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    no excuse if he's still out there. Toughness is great but to use it as an excuse for poor play after a loss is weak. At least if he came out and Orton was in there in the second half, we couldn't blame Romo for losing the game.
  7. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Member

872 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I agree that our backup should have been inserted. That was a coaching decision and not a very good one.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,683 Messages
    2,418 Likes Received
  9. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,449 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I for one don't want to hear anymore excuses. His play in critical games is well documented even when 100% healthy.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,825 Messages
    3,314 Likes Received
    Surprised he survived the season the way he had to run for his life each game.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,217 Messages
    1,946 Likes Received
    Just in case people aren't keeping count.

Between the hand, the collar bone and 2 seasons of cracked ribs.

That is now 4 of the past 5 seasons where the QB has suffered a broken bone.

Maybe if Jerry or Garrett were taking that kind of punishment they'd be a little more anxious to get the OL fixed.
  12. BigD_95

BigD_95 Member

272 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yea real Important. We were on our way 2 the super bowl. Just needed to beat redskins.

Give me a break. This team was alive cuz of Romo. R defense was a joke after injuries & the o line sucks. We were going anywhere anyways
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,361 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    He just threw a TD pass the previous drive.

But dropping back and throwing off your back foot with cracked ribs is a very stupid idea. He did that in the Detroit game last year (trying to hit Witten over the deep middle) and ended up with a pick as well.

I'm 100% sure Romo is not a choker, in the sense that most use the word--as someone who cringes from pressure and is afraid to perform in the limelight. He is almost the opposite of that, he tries to do TOO MUCH is big situations. It can be frustrating and infuriating.

We had no answer for all of those blitzes and the WRs had a hard time beating man-to-man coverage. Even then, I felt like we were going to at least tie that game in that drive that Romo threw the pick. He looked very confident after the 1st throw for a 1st down and it looked like it was gong to be like so many other late game drives that they have put together late this season i n crunch time. He has been extremely clutch for us this year.
    But not this time. Dumb play by Tony. The blitz got him and he underestimated how far he needed to throw that ball...and you can't get the heat on a ball on your back foot with cracked ribs. Throw it away please...if possible.
    He blew it there and the the Cowboy defense could not get the ball back.
  14. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,130 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Right before the 6 minute mark, Dez catches a first down on a slant and is tackled by a slew of Skins and Hall is standing over Dez and hacking at his hands/broken finger trying to pull the ball out after the play is long over. Then Phillips walks over and shoves Hall on his back with barely a flick of his arm.

Too funny.
  15. JimboWHO

JimboWHO Benched

24 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People are so gullible.

A punctured lung is a life-threatening situation. To imagine that a player could ever get medical clearance to play in an NFL game with that injury is comical.

With one more collosal collapse and boneheaded play Romo had to come up with something. It was just too much.

How do we know he had "cracked ribs"? He told us after the game.

How did he know? Does it matter?

He needed SOMETHING.