1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo back from Vacation/ playoff tickets

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by QB9fan, Jan 3, 2009.

1. QB9fan

QB9fan New Member

207 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Saw pics of Tony arriving back from vacation today with Jessica (they went to Miami). Wonder if he made these plans weeks ago?

Does anyone know if the report is true that Tony bought playoff tickets to the Minnesota game. The story I saw on google was that he bought a whole bunch of tickets to keep it from being blacked out and/or letting the Philly fans having them. The lady at the ticket office thought it was a joke but his credit card cleared...weird if true.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,357 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    Can you provide a link of some kind. No football site is discussing this that I have seen or heard.
  3. QB9fan

QB9fan New Member

207 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. Hostile

118,357 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    There are aspects of that story that don't make any sense. If Eagles fans bought the tickets the blackout would be lifted too. It isn't tied to Vikings fans, it is tied to overall sales.

Second, other networks would pick up on this. maybe they still will, but color me skeptical. Especially given the "bank robbery" angle of a previous article they did on him. That was pure fiction.

I think this was too.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,302 Messages
    3,177 Likes Received
    Uhmm, I think there's a good bit of bull on that story. If you read it, it says something about Romo preventing a bank robbery.

Official story

6. GOLDENCHILD1688

GOLDENCHILD1688 Well-Known Member

4,325 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    this is some funny ****:laugh2:

good job tony. i still see the vikings having a hard timec winning this game though
  7. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Thats funny,but kinda weak on Romos part.If he would have won he wouldnt have to worry about this,nor would he have done it..lol.More of a smack at Philly fans.
  8. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I little advice that will help you avoid ridicule and injury throughout your life. Don't believe everything you read.
  9. Hostile

118,357 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    After reading the article WG posted, this is pure fiction.
  10. WoodysGirl

64,302 Messages
    3,177 Likes Received
    Or at least everything on bleacher report. They always have questionable reports. You just gotta take them with a grain of salt.
  11. Asklesko

Asklesko Active Member

1,064 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    It should be clear to anyone that Romo is a sociopath.
  12. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,371 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    They almost had me until I read about the bank robbery. :laugh2:

Hope Tony had a nice New Years with Jessica. Take care of them ribs.
  13. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hope he had a terrible vacation. I hope Jessica got sunburn like in that ben stiller movie "the heartbreak kid"
  14. QB9fan

QB9fan New Member

207 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never said I believed it but thanks for the advice.
  15. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,371 Messages
    522 Likes Received

Still bitter, eh? I was just trying to be nice. Its hard.
  16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,204 Messages
    1,954 Likes Received
    I am too depressed to even go to the freakin mall, how the hell can Tony go on vacation???
  17. QB9fan

QB9fan New Member

207 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    and I take it his ribs weren't as badly hurt as he let on.
  18. WoodysGirl

64,302 Messages
    3,177 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter that all reports have been to the contrary. :rolleyes:
  19. GOLDENCHILD1688

GOLDENCHILD1688 Well-Known Member

4,325 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    .seems the article is bs. heres there other report of romo stopping a robbery:laugh2:

Tony Romo Prevents Bank Robbery, Continues Good Guy Ways (Humor)

[IMG] by Angel Navedo (Senior Writer)
    10 704 reads
    Humor
    December 19, 2008

[IMG]
    Today's Must Reads

[IMG]
    The Case Against Parity in Major League Baseball

[IMG]
    The Truth About Auburn's Race Problem

[IMG]
    Mike Shanahan Fallout: The Road Ahead for the Denver Broncos

Reports out of Irving, Texas are coming in regarding Dallas Cowboys' star quarterback Tony Romo's involvement in stopping an attempted robbery at a local Wells Fargo Bank.
    A lone gunman entered the bank at 10:11 a.m. and fired a warning shot into the ceiling. After incapacitating the elderly security guard, the gunman charged towards the bank teller and demanded all of the money in the drawer.
    "I was terrified," exclaimed Bobbi Jo Stillwater. "When that gun was in my face, I nearly fainted."
    That's when witnesses say Tony Romo scrambled from the end of a nearby line and approached the would-be robber.
    "He asked the menace how much he was looking for, and that's when Romo took out his wallet," detailed the eighth-year bank teller out of Nimitz High School.
    The gunman told Romo he was in danger of losing his job forever. Apparently he had wasted the last of his money on an exotic dancer, and if he attempted to get it back—like usual—his boss would have him fired.
    Author Poll

What should Tony Romo's superhero name be?
    • The Romo-nator
    • The Unblitzable
    • The Choke Artist
    • Other... (Please Specify)
    vote to see results
    Sympathizing with the dilemma, Romo handed the man his debit card and told him the pin number.
    "Oh, it was the most adorable thing! He told him the secret code was 0-7-1-0, and I know for a fact that it's because that's Jessica's birthday," exclaimed Stillwater.
    It's not the first time the Cowboys' franchise quarterback has made headlines for his good samaritan nature.
    Earlier this year, Romo helped change an elderly couple's tire alongside a deserted road. And last month, he spent time with a homeless man after buying him a movie ticket to see the appropriately titled Role Models.
    "The people of Irving are in great debt to Tony Romo," said Chief of Police, Larry Boyd. "It seems every week Romo is doing something for this community...We love what he does on the field, but we appreciate the lives he touches when he's off of it."
    Authorities are currently reviewing the security video in hopes of identifying the gunman. They've been unable to secure a clear shot of his face, but analysts and witness statements have combined to provide the most detailed description possible.
    Police say they are looking for an African-American male between the ages of 24 and 26, approximately 5-10 and 186 pounds, with multiple tattoos.
    Any one with any information regarding the attempted robbery is encouraged to contact their local Sheriff's office.

Angel Navedo covers the New York Jets for Examiner.com. His work can also be found on NYJetsFan.com, where he is the Head Writer, and on MyGridironSpace.com—a premier social networking site built exclusively for NFL fans.
    He is also a Senior Writer at the Bleacher Report, where he is one of
  20. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    You & me both... His ball protection skills have been on vacation for quite some time now.