1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo can hit 5K yards this year.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Dec 20, 2012.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,851 Messages
    620 Likes Received

:muttley:
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,278 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    We are getting more balanced.

I see more running game and defense winning next two games. I think the ALL ROMO, ONLY ROMO show is close to over.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,493 Messages
    1,760 Likes Received
    731 yards shy. There is only one time in Romo's career that he has thrown for that many yards in back to back games. It was earlier this year against the Giants and then the Falcons.

Both losses.

I'm not rooting for this.
  4. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,010 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Yardage doesn't mean crap. It just means you throw the ball a ton. Romo already has more pass attempts this year than in any other in his career and we've still got two more games left. 41 pass attempts per game....if they keep that up, Romo will finish 2012 with over 640 attempts.
  5. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,902 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    and Cowboys fans think Romo can be easily replaced.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,456 Messages
    2,145 Likes Received
    Theebs, your recent absence has caused you to miss the comedic reality of that post.
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,031 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    :laugh2: @ calling him a Mark.....
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,959 Messages
    757 Likes Received
    It's nice but I'd rather we run the hell out of the ball and get the two W's and make the playoffs.

The 5000 yards is not necassary to do that. Lets get Romo some help and get this team into the playoffs is what I really want to see.
  9. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I agree with this. We all know Romo is a stud, but if he throws for that many yards it's likely that we were playing from behind. It's a actually a good predictor based on the trends within how we've played in this whole year. I'm not rooting for it either.
  10. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,697 Messages
    1,162 Likes Received
    I think Garrett tries a run controlled offense at first, to keep Brees & RG3 off the field. These games and how much Romo needs to throw in a way will be dictated on the the defense plays.

Hopefully they keep them from scoring so we don't get into a shootout. I don't think Romo gets the 5K, and he doesn't care....he just wants to win....and so do we.....
  11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,952 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    Outside of two wins, the only thing I would like to see, are Witten getting atleast 120 more yards and Miles getting atleast 102 more yards.

Anything else is nice, but kinda, what ever.
  12. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,697 Messages
    1,162 Likes Received

Is this the yards needed to give them 1000 yards each, so we have 3 - 1K yard players.

Also Witten needs what, 6 catches to tie or break Gonzales's reocrd for most catches by a TE in a season.
  13. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,952 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    yes on the first, not sure on the second
  14. wick

wick Active Member

743 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Five thousand this season or against the Saints?