1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Romo/Garrett attend SMU game...gets half booed/half applause

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 26, 2014.

1. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,302 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Garrett looks in better shape than Romo.
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,176 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    Well, he works out often. He will probably be hobbling around the track when he is 100 like his father.

3. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,553 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Dates ... lol. I like that they're close. I believe when people have a close relationship they can talk freely. That means a free exchange of ideas. Also means when things are not going well they can freely express that also.
    Iago33, Nation and Seven like this.
  4. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,553 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Ya'll are cracking me up. I must say ... Red J is looking kinnda fine in that picture.
  5. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,176 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    I would prefer a tough love relationship between the QB and the head coach than what appears to a full blown bromance. But that is just me.
  6. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,067 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    Garrett is a ginger. He does not have a soul.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,727 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    I thought they were Duke fans?
    Wayne02 likes this.
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,591 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    Yea he looks to be in great shape. He really never changes. I always wonder when I see these coaches like Reid & Rob Ryan why they don't take advantage of what has to be state of the art fitness equipment & nutritional help the players have available to them. It's not like they have to join a gym or hire trainers.
    DejectedFan1996 and birdwells1 like this.
  9. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,858 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    You are wrong. Certainly, the negativity does not net any real world changes individuals would enjoy see happen within the franchise. However, getting things off our chest is what makes all of us human. There is one thing which cannot be debated by anyone. And that is some individuals have much more to get off their chest, on an daily hourly basis than others.

That is why communal outlets like CowboysZone are essential. Just think. What would CowboyNation be like if there wasn't stress relievers like CowboysZone around? Now THAT'S a powerful and scary thought! Anyone may think all of the incessant, hem and haw posts are pointless. They serve a healthful purpose in literally reducing personal stress created by constantly thinking about Jerry Jones and Company.

When one stops and really thinks about it, the question is not all the negative posting. Nope. There is a solution for that and it is called CowboysZone. The real question is how does anyone, who does not share the same involuntary stress problems, relieve their stress of reading the unchanging rhetoric? That is the important question. I guess putting certain posters on ignore might be one solution. :)
    iceberg, WoodysGirl and stasheroo like this.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    The Romo haters are basically barely able to control themselves whenever a thread like this comes up. Probably have to change their underwear.
  11. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,171 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    What a life! Wished I could come and go with my kids sometimes......sigh.....lol
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,886 Messages
    3,833 Likes Received
    Unless you're part of the staff... :(
  13. German Corner

German Corner Member

49 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    does anyone have some footage? my take on the situation is 50/50. I'm not the type that would boo someone like in this situation even though I have a definite opinion on both. tony romo has given his all including playing last season with a back injury. I consider that giving everything he's got for the team. jason garrett i'm sure has tried but like i've said many times, when i heard the words come out of jerry jones mouth 'jason garrett' instead of 'jon gruden' i knew we were in for another negative cycle. three and half years later we have three years straight of 8-8. now getting back to the booing, i remember the story of don meredith walking into a restaurant in dallas in 1967 and getting booed by customers there! again, i wouldn't do it like this situation BUT it show passion in dallas is ALIVE!!! damn it, we want to win that sixth super bowl. pittsburgh owns six. against seattle the officials gave them the game. against arizona the same at the end of the game with replay showing the receivers left toe DID NOT TOUCH!!! but they got to the super bowl where fortunate breaks like these two games can help you win it. we're not there and it pisses me off that jerry jones wings his decisions. as long as there's great profit he's not hell bent on winning. i will always yell for the cowboys no matter what. go cowboys!
  14. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

949 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Dallas sports fans are some of the most fair weather in the country. Nobody went to SMU basketball games until this season, then all of a sudden they're selling out right and left. And what does SMU know about football anyway??:rolleyes:
    DandyDon1722 likes this.
  15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,111 Messages
    459 Likes Received
  16. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,602 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    How in the blue hell as Romo been average?
  17. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,010 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    He don't play defense..................
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,886 Messages
    3,833 Likes Received
    I hate you.. lol
  19. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,130 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    I don't get it, what exactly are people booing them for? Show some class and dignity, you look foolish when you're booing someone(especially when they're genuinely nice people). It's just darn right silly when you have grown men booing other grown men, especially when they're booing people who do great things for the community. How about praise them for the good they do and how they give back to others, instead of booing them over a measly game.

PS - Life is bigger than football.
    windward, guag and German Corner like this.
  20. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,858 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    You know I feel your pain. ;):)
    WoodysGirl likes this.