1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo is #3 in passing yards

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Z mann R2, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Z mann R2

Z mann R2 Member

398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I guess when you're always having to come back from behind, you can be top 3 in passing. Considering his offensive line troubles though I think this is amazing!

1. Matthew Stafford DET..............3429
    2. Matt Ryan ATL............................3425
    3. Tony Romo DAL.......................3357
    4. Drew Brees NO.........................3333
    5. Tom Brady NE...........................3299
  2. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He might get 5 thousand this year.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Throwing it 60+ times a game will do that I guess.

I don't think it's going to get any better either.
  4. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,185 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Cue the "stats don't matter, he sucks, we need Quincy back" replies.
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,468 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    I think he hits 5k this season also if he survives.
  6. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This one hurts man, i became a fan during the Quincy years...hard times lol
  7. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,185 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    You are a true fan my friend. That was a rough stretch although I'd rank the last 3-4 years as more disappointing due to the talent we have on the roster.

Back then we knew any success we had was luck or smoke and mirrors.

I just fear going through that again.
  8. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,814 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    And even more amazing is the fact that Romo has thrown for so much yardage with the fewest screen passes ever attempted in the NFL.:)
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Yay, Romo is number 3 in passing yards and leads the league in interceptions and gave away the Giants and Chicago game by himself this year and played bad in several others games. Padding your stats when the other team plays soft defense due to being so far ahead doesn't mean squat.

At the end of the year when this team is 7-9 or 6-10 everyone can talk about how good Romo's stats were...since there won't be anything else to talk about.
  10. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    And then we'll have to read your Romo apologetic love fest posts. It all evens out.
  11. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,468 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    :lmao2:So predictable. No positive thread can exist on this forum without you coming in and crapping on it. You must be a hit at parties with that negativity.
  12. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo = less talented Farve and you know it.

Go watch some of farves games he would make throws in quadruple coverage for the lulz. Im not saying im a romo basher or fan but i know who my quarterback is, he keeps both teams in the game. Still better than Quincy..
  13. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Looks like we cancel each other out SDCowboy85. You are blindly in love with Romo and I think we will never win anything with him.
  14. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    lol at keeping both teams in the game. The main reason Cowboys fans are so in love with Romo is because we went a decade with REALLY bad QB's. The first time we get a "decent" QB everyone falls in love and sees no wrong in him. I get it though, we have had way worse.
  15. Stinger_Splash

Stinger_Splash Active Member

426 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    So impressive :rolleyes:. Too bad he leads the league in interceptions.
  16. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received

You mean like Brees did yesterday(2 pick 6's). Do you mean like padding the stats when your team is behind by a big chunk like Rodgers did yesterday (oh yeah- Rodgers couldn't do that!)- Is that what you mean?

Padding stats - please - yes Romo had 2 awful games this year - is that what your hanging your hat on these days?
  17. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Rodgers didn't pad his stats last night...You call 219 yards padding stats? His team choked around him. Romo is having a REALLY bad year this year. Even some of the Romo homers can admit this. He is PART of the reason our team sucks this year. I hate to break that to you.
  18. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree romo is having a down year, with that being said i dont think we win more than 2 games without him. Is it time to draft a new qb? Maybe, personally i dont think so, the qb class coming in is weak this year.
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,611 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    You and me both. SD is related to Romo, I'm convinced. Dude has never said one thing critical of Romo in the years he's posted. But everyone else on the team has flaws. So because he's so biased, you can't listen to anything he has to say, it's all meaningless.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    Yardage means absolutely nothing, in my book. Same reason I didn't care that Bree's broke the altime mark for a single season.