1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo is #3 in passing yards

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Z mann R2, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Romo's INT% is actually average this year. He had a higher % in 2007 when he was a pro bowler.

Romo leads the league in pass completions. He's second in pass attempts. He is on pace for 670+ attempts this year. His previous high in attempts was 550.

The Cowboys are DEAD LAST in the league in rushing yards per game.

Does this tell you ANYTHING....at all?
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I've seen SD post bad things about Romo lol.
  3. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    About to post this. Somehow it will be Romo's fault though.
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,982 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Yeah, our RB's suck. What is Rodgers excuse for doing so good with sucky RB's this year?
  5. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Rodgers is elite and can carry a team, Romo can't. Simple as that.
  6. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually not true.. Teams defend Romo essentially the same way, i.e. 2 deep zone coverage. The padding of the stats happen when this offense goes no-huddle and up-tempo...
  7. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Romo isn't Rodgers. Just because a few here act like he is doesn't mean is. Just like some here think he is the worst when he isn't.
  8. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,136 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Yes, because Romo is a very selfish person and audibles out of every running play because he wants to "pad his stats".
  9. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,136 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    True, but Rodgers did choke in the big game last night.

Packer fans are probably combing the scouting sites looking for his replacement.

He's Mr. Hollywood now with Pizza Hut and State Farm commercials...and I didn't even mention the mustache. People think that's for Movember...nope, that's for his exploitation of women on the side.

If the Packers keep him around, I'd be surprised.
  10. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    You mentioned Romo's INTs, and I offered what I consider to be a decent explanation. What does Rodgers have to do with any of this?
  11. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,921 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    I have no issue with people who feel like Romo pads his stats. But I find it curious that many swear Jason Witten is one of the best to have ever done it...or DeMarcus Ware for that matter...somehow THEIR stats are legitimate...but Romo's are not. ALL of these cats in this era of Cowboys football is suspect to me. Heck Wade accomplished something Bill Parcells could not while in Dallas...does that make Wade a better Head Coach. This entire era of Cowboys football is a big pile of steaming hot garbage! Stats and all!
  12. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

967 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    In the top 5, the QBs with the winning record at least try to run the ball even if it is not going well during a game.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    he's the best 20 to 20 qb in the league.
  14. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Exactly, he didn't/couldn't but the lesser Romo could pad his stats against a Giants D that had a big lead, right.

That's what you are saying right?
  15. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,820 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    ...in other unrelated news, Cowboys have absolutely no run game.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,893 Messages
    2,142 Likes Received
    That tells us we have a problem.
    Give him a better line and running game and he drops to top 12 or so but we have at least 3 more wins right now
  17. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Good stuff Dodger. It will fall on deaf ears though because it is too complicated for him.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    He's in good position to be #1. I pointed out that he was #8 last week. But after Turkey day, he climbed quite a bit.

Romo isn't the problem. People who act like he is are asinine.
  19. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,778 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Imagine where he would be if he wasn't contributing to the situations that place him in position to be #3! Wow. Imagine that!
    No... I don't have any major hatred for Romo. I'm just playing devil's advocate here because he is just as guilty/accountable as anyone else on the team..
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,893 Messages
    2,142 Likes Received
    Who ever knows with this guy. As long as he's on Romo's case, any angle works for him.