1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo is #3 in passing yards

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Z mann R2, Nov 26, 2012.

1. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received

LMFAO. But to be honest I wish Parcells would have never got rid of him. If he didn't he probably would have had a job by now instead of trying to get all the people he know work and discriminate on the players that was already on the team.
  2. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Last year, Tony didn't pad stats at all. All the games were close.

This year there isn't any question he's padded his stats. Perhaps unintentionally, but there are a lot of soft yards in there. Start with the 300ish yards against Washington after the game was out of hand. Add the passes against Seattle in the last minute. Add the 40-yard completion to Felix on the Hail Mary against Atlanta.
  3. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,889 Messages
    380 Likes Received

Followed by the "stats are everythying. other then negative stats you got to look beyond those" as the try to brush over 15 picks
  4. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    his stats will be high beings we cant start playing til we are down by double digits and are throwing every down. I bet Romo would rather have 1000 less yards and 4 more wins.
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,982 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    I bet he would too..but he has to show up before the second half to help his team get the wins.
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I'd take wins over stats anyday. Just sayin'.
  7. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Game was out of hand..... I am pretty sure that if the D had stopped the skins on the final drive, Tony would have been driving for the game tying score.
  8. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Hey skin. Fan...

Of coarse he's the only qb in the league who does this....
  9. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

915 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    I dont think many NFL fans would guess Tony leads Brees and Brady in total yards
  10. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,982 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    I don't think anyone really cares except some of the Cowboys fan base and people that have Romo as their fantasy football QB. Most people care less about stats and more about wins and playoffs/superbowl.
  11. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,819 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    I'm not surprised because Brees and Brady aren't behind in games like Romo is.
  12. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,726 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    ...of the years Fouts had with Winslow and Joiner without the successful deep passes and more recently the years Dan Marino had with the Dolphins as he dinked and dunked up and down the field without a Superbowl.

Unlike Fouts Tony can't air the ball because the line gives him no time so we are stuck with the dink and dunk routes.

Our ability to execute the game plan and types of plays successfully is dictating the situation for us.

I long for the years of Aikman going 21 of 24 for a shade over 200 and us handily winning the game.
  13. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is just sad when fans can't even see with their own eyes, that virtually no team can win without a rushing attack. Blinded by hate. We are last in the league in just about every rushing stat. YES, that stat does matter. Our O-line most times couldn't block a ten yr old girl. We have a LT that's learning a new position, a QB, if it weren't for his escape acts, would be sacked, hurt or throwing away passes left and right. Yes, I'd like to see him throw the ball away a few more times, but not many because if it weren't for his ability, it'd be three and out a lot more times than not. If he were to throw it away more, the defense would be on the field that much more and a tired defense is not a good defense. We're in the top area of penalties (never good), constantly getting flagged for false starts, which leads to more yardage to go.

The great Aaron Rodgers was running for his life and what happened to him? He threw an INT, fumbled, over threw recievers, was sacked left and right and *gasp* lost...oh wait, he won a SB, never mind, free pass, the horrible game doesn't count, the loss doesn't count. Now, put it into perspective, oh witless wonders, imagine he had to deal with that as much as any QB that we would have in position. And screw your INT totals because I could count at least 5 that weren't on Romo. Dopes. Even the guys in the booth pointed out there should have been a holding call on the Redskin INT, during Thanksgiving ( but I guess a rookie isn't getting that call ) and god forbid a defensive player should ever makes a good play. It's never a good play, it's always our players fault **see the crying in live game chats ; )

Romo isn't without blame, like everyone else, but you are an idiot if you think he is even close to being the problem. I don't have rose colored glasses on for him but I'm far from blaming him as well. I'm a realist and look at things as they are. We have a good QB but some serious stupid people leading the way and not much help on the team either.
    I wouldn't have a hard time betting that he would have won a SB on the Giants or Green Bay SB teams

** Oh, and I'm going on record here to go against those that are saying RGIII will fail like the Vick's and Newton's of the NFL. There is just something different about him and amazed how many are betting he will fail. That kid is incredible
  14. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,602 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    Love tony being up there in stats but we don't have the wins to make it better. He wouldn't have to throw this much if we weren't behind so much.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    I think Romo is in the very front of line.
    Never mention about stats, just wins and losses.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    Well, maybe Brees.
    Right?
  17. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,847 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I'd probably fall under the category of "Romo backer", but honestly, his yardage totals never meant anything to me.
  18. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    No, the Saints are losing games like we are but OT since week 3 or 4 are they really blowouts. It seems like every week I get up from halftime and know Romo has to air it out
  19. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Well obviously they don't matter. What's our record again?
  20. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    passes in the last minute are not really stat padding in my view, we were trying to score, allegedly

the Washington game numbers were definitely not padding as we showed we could have come back to win the game