1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo is a top 10 QB

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rkell87, Jan 2, 2013.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    Would that other side be the costly interceptions.

This is an example of Romo-loyalty.

Percy puts the player above the team and will take the losing as long as Romo is under center.
  2. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

789 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    Passer rating is a flawed stat anyway.
  3. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,698 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    Right, those three picks mean the passing offense is no longer the strength of the team.
  4. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    "when we needed him most" is an arbitrary point of reference that you just pull out of thin air because the media tells you. To enhance terms like "choke" and "clutch" which also are just media terms. It's like saying that a basketball player who scored 60 points while the rest of the team shot 30% lost the game because he missed two free throws at the end. Romo played fantastic in November and December when his team needed him most, and Sunday doesn't change that.
  5. TwoDeep3

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    It means the team lost and Romo threw them.

Now tell me Percy how it wasn't Romo that lost the opening night Jet's game a whole back, and that it wads the blocked punt and not the pick at the end that was the reason the jets took the lead for good.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,558 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    Like I said...not excusing that last game. It was atrocious.

I also agree with the point that you have to win more in the regular season to get those home PLAYOFF elimination games. Or win more so the last game that always seems to be on the road will not make a difference.

In that light though, you then do have to give credit for great play that actually got the team in a position to make this year's last game meaningful.

I guess if he would have played slightly worse vs Pittsburgh and Cincy--enough for us to lose---then ironically we are then not having this "elimination" game conversation.
  7. TwoDeep3

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    Credit?

No, this team has the components to win those games and more.

I don't grade on the curve.
  8. percyhoward

8,698 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    No, as a matter of fact, it would not. If you really want to know, I'll go into it.

Hell, I'll even do it without character attacks or talking to you in the third person.
  9. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    Never said I had someone in mind. Just saying that I would trade in all the Romo stats for a QB that would give us playoff wins.
  10. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    Read into it what you want. All I am saying is that I would take a QB with lessor stats if it meant playoff wins over Romo and his top ten stats and a total of 1 playoff wins. It's a pretty simple statement, what's the confusion?
  11. percyhoward

8,698 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    None. I'd take a team with lousy stats that won the Super Bowl too.
  12. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,715 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    You missed my point. It was said name a QB who can take us where Romo has. Well we have missed the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years. Take your pick at anyone who can do that. If it's no playoffs you continue to want, there's plenty who will do that for much cheaper.
  13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    To answer the OP, yes he is.

I've always believed that. I don't go by stats, QB ratings, etc. I go by my own eyes. He is and has been the only chance we have had since his arrival. In fact you could argue that he has made careers. Lets see JG for starts, Miles, Laurant Robinson, etc.

He's getting a raw deal around here, but I do understand. I heard Glen " Stretch" Smith on Galloway earlier say that he read the defense on the last pick, he just was 6" too short on the throw. He said 6" higher that was a TD to Demarco. Nobody was behind him in zero coverage. He's the reason we were even there in the 1st place.

Now I do agree he needs better coaching and a new voice in his helmet. That has been my biggest gripe going on 6 years. He needs an actual bonafid offensive QB guru. He shouldn't be asked to carry the team week in and week out like he does.
  14. percyhoward

8,698 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    Except that, after you've improved other areas of the team, then it's the passing game that's holding you back.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,558 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    I saw that during the game too. It would be have been a huge gain at the very least.

The problem was still there though.
    He threw the ball while rapidly backing up, while having busted ribs (so less torque), on his back foot, and while his team had plenty of time and timeouts. Bad play.

I'm a big Romo advocate too, but that play infuriated me.

he put the team on his back the last 4-5 games, so without him we are nowhere near in this position. But he relly did have some bad picks in that game. He also had several good plays, but the bad overruled it.
  16. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Too bad thats a complete lie. Romo was pressured in his face on every pick. The specific reason he short armed that throw is because he threw off his back foot on a pressure right up the middle in his face. Get your facts straight.
  17. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    If he's as bad as you guys say he is he should throw Jason under the bus ala magic johnson, Shaquille oneal, Peyton manning and others who weren't satisfied with their coaching. You guys are either full of it or Romo is just a follower scared to ruffle feathers.
  18. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    I wasn't pleased either. But I wasn't surprised either. We have been a train wreck on offense all year. Why would anybody be surprised? The whole concept is awful. Let Romo read the defense every freaking down and take it down to either one, or delay of game every play? What is this crap?

And off the subject, why did London Fletcher look like the youngest guy on the field the other night?
  19. Dumbsheet

Dumbsheet New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo made a couple of bad passes the entire game. He had a broken chest and he played his guts out. Too bad the rest of the guys didn't show up or were hurt. It's not Romo's fault Ryan again looked like *** and the defesne again looked like *** and were as effective at stopping the run as a screen door is at keeping water out of a boat.

The guy was lights out for hte last 8-9 games. He can't do it all by himself. He's still top tier Quarterback but Jerrah needs to get his head out of his vat of botox and get a TEAM around him while he's still in his prime. Even the great qauterbacks couldn't win it all if they didn't have a Team around them.
  20. Dumbsheet

Dumbsheet New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Probably PEDs. Skynyrds had like six guys caught in the last year doping, so I bet he is too but hasn't been caught yet. Not sure how some guys don't get caught technically Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong never failed a test either.

just saying.