1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo Is The Only Reason This Team Is Competitive

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Apollo Creed, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,144 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Perfectly stated. The guy is playing like dog-poop. Let's just hope he can turn it around.
  2. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    If Romo was a deep threat, we'd have a running game. If he was accurate we'd have won the last game.
  3. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    You're missing my point. It's not okay to blame any individual person (whether it be Romo, or TO, or any of the others you mentioned). The organization consists of many players on the field, many coaches, and many individuals in the front office. They all contribute to the wins, and they all contribute to the losses (some obviously more than others). There's plenty of blame to go around for this 3-4 start, and that blame should rightfully go to more people than just Romo alone. Or even Garrett alone.
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    I agree.

Imagine Tony Romo playing for the Niners last year. They would have won the SB.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I am not defending Romo, but he doesn't have the protection to go deep often and there is no running game due to poor blocking. It is unfair to place the blame on him for either.
  6. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    At this point our defense is more of a reason we are competitive than Romo is.

We could have easily been down 35-0 on Sunday if not for the D.
  7. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The defense is the reason we are competitive....the offense just blows.....

i Gaurentee you take last year's defense and put them in the giants game and the giants score 50 points in the 1st quarter and that is no exaggeration. Every game we have lost falls back on the offense
  8. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I don't recall hyping the Redskins D in this or any other thread in quite a while.

I do know that their secondary is horrible. And with all of the injuries...even you (well maybe not you, but most normal people), would understand the situation.

You need to learn how to stay on topic. You are one of those fans that embarrasses the Cowboys fan base. Just simply blind homer, or too ...how do I say it...naive, to get it.

Anyway back to topic. Romo has done no favors for the Cowboys, as well as the defense has played. Not that they have been great, but they are keeping them in the games.
  9. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Funny how people keep telling us Romo isn't a deep threat, when defense pretty much drop their safeties 2-deep all day long to prevent the big play. The reality is, the way JG has been attacking defenses hasn't changed. This was the same issue with TO here, with the WR calling for the ball in the slot and quick releases. At that time, lack of motion was also an issue with this offense.

Nothing has changed and the pressure is on Romo to keep making plays... Our pass plays take way too long to develop, we never attack teams down the seam, we simply attack sidelines.
  10. xobwej

xobwej New Member

23 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No, they are running timing routes. They have to be in precise spots because that is where they are supposed to be when the ball gets there.

How you figure his accuracy is so bad is way beyond me.

:confused:
  11. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Exactly, it's a "Coryell" based system... You need a particular type of personnel to run it and if you notice, our best success is when Tony Romo is pretty much buying time with his feet to get player's the ball, obviously dictating something went wrong with the routes.
  12. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,473 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    idk why so many in our fanbase have decided to put romo above the star. i mean did we watch the same game on sunday? how can anyone say he was the reason for us being competitive when he put us in a deep hole early and it was our defense that shutdown eli. romo has a spell on some in our fanbase.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,052 Messages
    2,290 Likes Received
    I would say that was true in years past but this year I have to give the defense some of the credit.

Romo and the defense is the only reason this team is competitive.
  14. utrunner07

utrunner07 Well-Known Member

9,075 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Romo may thrive but the team would not. See this season, heck see last game.