1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo lovers & Haters, come clean!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Clove, Jun 9, 2013.

1. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Haters will be haters. Ask Staubach or Aikman about Romo. I think they know a little bit more than the haters.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...oger-staubach-tony-romo-deserves-more-respect
  2. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,951 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Have you two made it your job to follow KJJ around and give him grief.
  3. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,615 Messages
    1,876 Likes Received
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,891 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    There is no denying the trend. But one has to look at why it is a trend to be truly objective.

Some excuses are certainly valid. Some are not.

In the Skins game Romo did himself no favors - that last INT was unforgivable and if he had completed it he would have overcome the first 2 and been viewed as an overcomer inspite of all the seeming "excuses."
  5. WPBCowboysFan

5,891 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    I think he stepped in that one all by himself.

[IMG]
  6. AmberBeer

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Romo apparently. And I assume you hate being wrong. I think I'll take Staubach's and Aikman's opinion over those who believe ESPN.
  7. WPBCowboysFan

5,891 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received

You really like your pictures, huh?

I notice Romo isn't in that one, though.. hmm..
  9. AmberBeer

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Typical ESPN take.
  10. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Typical "you don't agree with my opinions so i'll just call you a media sheep" take.

;)
  11. AmberBeer

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Like I said, I agree with Staubach and Aikman and not Romo haters who get their opinions from the media.
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    If you actually take a little time to read the thread in the few seconds you have between spouting off post after post, i'm clearly not a "Romo hater", just as most people you've accused of the same in this thread aren't either.

A couple are being completely unreasonable.. but most are bringing up their issues they have with Romo, while still acknowledging things that he does very well.

What's funny about you, is that you don't seem to realize that just because people have some criticisms of Tony, doesn't mean they've gotten their thoughts and opinions from the media. Some people generally see some flaws in his game, which he does have.. whether you want to admit that or not.

What's also funny about you, is you say that you'd rather take the word of Aikman and Staubach, unlike the "Romo haters" who get their opinions from the media.. when honestly, Aikman is part of the media, as are many former players, including some former QB's, who don't all have the same opinion as Aikman about Romo.

So, in reality, you're getting your opinions of the player from the same type of sources that you are accusing your "Romo haters" of getting opinions from.

Good stuff..
  13. AmberBeer

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Aikman was the QB for the Dallas Cowboys who won 3 Super Bowls and is a Hall of Famer. Whether he's currently in the media or not, he will always have more cred than you and the others here who put most of the blame on Romo for the team not making the playoffs.

EVERY player has their faults. All of them. Romo, more than any other QB in the league, gets too much hate directed his way. I can't wait until he does win a Super Bowl to shut up all the haters.
  14. AmberBeer

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Those that are QB's probably don't hate on Romo either. Go forth and dig up what you can. I'm sure you'll probably find some little snippet to try and prove your hate is worthy. I know I won't ever convince you otherwise so I'm done with this thread. I don't like the way it's headed and don't want to go any further. We can just agree to disagree.
  15. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,428 Messages
    2,281 Likes Received
    A game that eliminates a team from the play-offs...be it week 15 or the second round of the play-offs is an elimination game in context of post season play.

Funny thing is I was watching the film Moneyball last night and the beginning of the film has the Oakland A's in the play-offs with the Yankees. It is the final game and on the screen comes -

Elimination Game

The game where your team is eliminated from post season play.

That game can come to a 3-13 team in the first half of the season. But because your team isn't in the hunt, they don't make as big a deal out of it.

How many times have you heard the pre-game set-up by the people who will announce a game suggest that team A has already been eliminated from post season play so they will try and be spoilers for the other team still in the hunt?

I like Romo

Dallas was continually behind in the Redskin game last year because of the defense.

But that ill-advised pick - the same spot as the second Giants' game where Pierre-Paul picked Romo for a TD - should never have been thrown and sealed the fate of the team.

Doesn't mean anything other than the door was slammed because of that decision in that game - which happened to be a game where the Dallas Cowboys were eliminated from post season play by losing that game.

Defense kept the team behind.

Romo sealed the day with a turnover.

A team loss.
  16. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,326 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    This thread only followed the OP's directions up to about......page 3. The next 7 pages completely devolved into the usual "argue about Romo" thread.
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Started off as one of the better threads i've seen lately. You knew it was bound to come to this, though. We all know where we are.. most of us, anyway.
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,957 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    What did you expect from a thread wanting Romo lovers and haters to come clean? That's a volatile combo that's bound to evolve into arguing about Romo.
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,615 Messages
    1,876 Likes Received
    So I'm assuming that if the Media praises Romo, their off bases too?
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

Yeaaa, you're still a bit out of touch with reality. Agree to disagree, indeed.