1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo lovers & Haters, come clean!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Clove, Jun 9, 2013.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,221 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    What might be more informative would be where the ball was after the interception and the immediate drive of the Redskins if it scored or not.

Also the field position before and after. Did the Redskins start playing in the Cowboy end of the field or their own.

One thing that cannot be measured is motivation due to a turnover. But surely that factors in a great deal.

But then those questions would be ones Haters ask, wouldn't they?
  2. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I'm not a Romo lover or hater lol...but I'm gonna take a shot at this:

Positives:

1) Romo's an excellent playmaker. He can consistently make something out of nothing.

2) Romo has good pocket presence.

3) Romo is accurate.

4) Romo is tough...takes a beating and keeps getting back up for more.

Negatives:

1) Romo isn't that good of a game manager...he knows how to win the individual battles but not necessarily the overall "war". Only makes it worse that his head coach isn't that great a game manager, either lol...

2) Romo seems inconsistent as a team motivator/leader.

3) His decision-making lapses are still hanging around after 7 years of experience.

4) He seems too easily flustered.
  3. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,721 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    Which is why Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, and Mark Sanchez, who are 1, 2, and 3 in NFL history for road playoff wins, are the three best quarterbacks in the league today.
  4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,853 Messages
    884 Likes Received
    One of the reasons Flacco, Eli and Sanchez have all those road playoff wins is because they've only committed a combined 5 turnovers in their 17 road wins. All 3 QB's "combined" committed 7 fewer turnovers than Romo has committed in his 5 road elimination game losses. In Flacco's 4 road playoff losses he committed 8 turnovers. It's pretty clear what Romo has to clean up in his game on the road in elimination games.
  5. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,721 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    Romo only has one interception on the road in the playoffs... I can live with that. I'd like to see better results in other areas... like maybe increasing our miserable home record at the new stadium so we can actually play in a playoff game for everyone to complain about.
  6. TwoDeep3

6,221 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    Maybe if you'd learn the difference between addressing shortcomings and complaining, I will look past the hero worship and homer glasses you wear and see you as a fan like I am.

I think it's the pouting from the fans who are insulted anytime Romo is brought up in any light other than Mt. Rushmore that annoys me.
  7. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,208 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Tony Romo...I am a hater of this QB. I cannot, I repeat, I cannot wait 'til he is retired with his millions he stole from Jerry. Well, let's see, I will give him this....he has played a significant role in why we have been mediocre for so long and not worse, AND, he has played a role in why we have been mediocre for so long and not gotten over the hump.

Now, let's hear the Romo excuses rain down, i.e., you will regret the day Romo leaves, he doesn't have the supporting cast, it's not his fault, if only the defense could play better, if only Dez and the other receivers could learn their routes, if only Garrett can call the right plays to put Romo in a position to win, if only we had a better running game, and now, on to my my personal favorite readings.....drum roll, please! If you think Romo is part of the problem, well, you just don't know football.

Edit: I forgot another favorite of mine. It goes "if you criticize Romo, then you are not a "real" Cowboys fan"
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,853 Messages
    884 Likes Received
    Romo has 1 int on the road in the playoffs and 2 lost fumbles which equals 3 turnovers in 2 career road playoff games. No turnovers vs Seattle in the 06 playoffs but that game was marred by a mistake more damaging than any turnover Romo has committed in the regular season or postseason. You knew I wouldn't end this post without mentioning his 3 season finale elimination game losses.

One correction I want to make Romo's had 11 turnovers in his 5 road elimination game losses which is 6 more turnovers than Flacco, Eli and Sanchez have combined in their 17 road playoff wins. Turnovers on the road in do or die games are a recipe for losing especially for a mediocre team that doesn't have an opportunistic defense that can take the ball away.
  9. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Can somebody please take this thread out back and put it out of its misery already?
  10. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,208 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    I second that. :)
  11. TwoDeep3

6,221 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    Dang it Roy, I just got my second wind.
  12. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,593 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    i third that. :D
  13. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    This'll prevent people from coming in here and keeping the thread going:

[IMG]

You're welcome :).
  14. kristie

7,593 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    ewwww:ralph: :ralph:
  15. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Lolz :D...
  16. kristie

7,593 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    i couldn't help it. :laugh2: :D
  17. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Hey, we're not supposed to be keeping this thread going, remember? :D I may just have to add some more pukey pics...
  18. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    [IMG]

That should do it...
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,881 Messages
    1,636 Likes Received
    You get a clue.

Tell me why Henson's not here? Why isn't Quincy Carter here? It wasn't on them, it was the team. It takes a team to win, so you can't put the blame on Quincy Carter. It was his receivers, his offensive line, his defenses. He didn't put up the numbers because his team wasn't good enough. This is your logic, it's a funny one too.

The team has to step up, but your QB has to orchestrate offensive dominance if you're going to call him elite, and can not make STUPID DECISION THAT DRASTICALLY AFFECT THE GAME.

Why does a QB get paid the most on the team? Why not pay him kicker money? It's a team sport, he's not responsible for anything.

Tell me something, who's fault was it that Romo threw that final interception in the redskins game to seal our fate? I don't remember seeing a receiver drop a pass on that possession. I don't remember him being sacked. The defense wasn't on the field.

It was TONY ROMO, and you are the biggest excuse-maker for the guy if you keep saying, it was the team.

For those who don't understand football, if your QB freezes up in big games, he's not a person who's going to win you playoff games, or championship games.

I'll make excuses for a guy after a season, after 2 seasons, even 3. But 7 to 8 years in, then you're an idiot if you continue making excuses.

I sit on this board and read about Pack Man being arrested, and all I see is, he is what he is. Why do people say that? Because he has a history of it. Romo has a history of choking, that's why we hate what he brings to the table, because fans want to win championship, we don't want excuses.

HOw exactly are you judged as a player if it's a team sport?
    Why do Qb's get traded, released? It's not on the QB, it's the team.
    Why does any player get released? It's not on one person, it's a team.
    How can you say Romo is a good QB, it's the team, not him?
  20. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,881 Messages
    1,636 Likes Received
    yuck!:)