1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo lovers & Haters, come clean!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Clove, Jun 9, 2013.

1. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
  2. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,208 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    It's already dead. We just keep beating it. Damn, did it again!! I promise this is my last post in this thread. :D
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,855 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    His comparison wasn't even 20% exact.

I honestly can't recall anyone bringing up the John Elway analogy in the context Lonstar did about any QB. If you're going to attempt to make that comparison you need an elite QB who a lot was expected of coming out of college who's been to at least a couple of SB's. You have to understand that Romo's pedigree coming out of Eastern Illinois wasn't even remotely close to that of Elway's coming out of Stanford. Elway was arguably the highest rated QB ever coming out of college football.

He had NFL teams fighting for him. The Cowboys offered the Colts 3 starting players for Elway including Danny White. The expectations for Elway were enormous. Romo has already far exceeded the expectations anyone had for him coming out of Eastern Illinois as an undrafted FA. Just to become a starting NFL QB is a major accomplishment for an undrafted player especially a QB. Elway was expected to do what he eventually did and that's win a championship and become a HOF player.
  4. KJJ

10,855 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    If you don't like what you're seeing why do you keep clicking on the thread? This is the second post you've made wanting to kill the thread. No one is forcing you or anyone else to click it on. A post board is like a menu you have many choices and some of the choices may not appeal to you but they do to others so choose something else.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Its a joke.. settle down, Nancy.
  6. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    The only comparison im making is that I think Romo will win a SB in his later years like Elway, once this team comes around. Playoff records and superbowl appearances need not apply. Elway was the only QB that came to my mind.

When the young players on this team are in their prime, I think that will happen.

Murray
    Bryant
    Smith
    Lee
    Carter
    Claiborne
    etc
  7. KJJ

10,855 Messages
    885 Likes Received

I get what you're trying to say but any comparison between Elway and Romo isn't going to fly. The Cowboys and Romo need to start making the playoffs.
  8. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,885 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    I don't know of any thread about Romo on CowboysZone that has ever ended well.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,705 Messages
    3,925 Likes Received
    This thread has reached the end of its useful life and is being closed.