1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo or RGIII?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CyberB0b, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,995 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    Would you trade Romo straight up for RGIII right now??
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No. And I'm not the world's biggest Romo fan either.
  3. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Are you kidding? RG3 in a millisecond. If he was our QB here right now we would be leading our division hands down.
  4. S.B. Bound

S.B. Bound Member

223 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol & SMH... Oh really, you wouldn't huh? Well I for one would in a heartbeat, whats not to like about having a "FUTURE". I hate the skins, but wow they nailed it with this kid.
  5. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Although I am not a "huge" fan of Romo and a "huge" admirer of what RG3 did so far...It's only ONE season..

So the answer is No...but get back to me one year from now please if the offer will still be there

:cool:
  6. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Please explain. He is 22 years old, rarely turns the ball over (onloy 4 picks on the year) has elite speed, is already a captain on his team due to his leadership he has shown, is an extremely accurate passer, is extremely smart.

Our team would have an awesome future at QB with him here.
  7. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would. He is on the new, cheaper rookie contract for a few more years while we need to extend Romo for cap relief, and he also has his whole career ahead of him. I like Romo, but how can you NOT do this if the Skins offered?
  8. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    The offer wouldn't EVER be there in the first place.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,795 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    frankly this thread is laughable
  10. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    I would say No. I like the youth and talent of RGIII but I also think his game will be limited, much like Cam once the league has a chance to really study the tape on him in the off season. Now if you ask about Luck, I would do that in a heart beat and I LOVE Romo as our QB. But Luck is the prototype QB. RGIII is extremely talented but will always be a gimmick type QB, much like Vick, although RGIII is a much better passer. And until one of these very athletic QB's wins a SB, I will stick with the Prototype QB, Romo, Luck, Brees, Brady, etc.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    It depends.

If Jason Garrett is the coach i'd rather stick with Romo.

Garrett wouldn't adjust to RG3's strengths so he probably wouldn't have success here.

If I had a coach that built his system around the strengths of the players he has then I would make the swap based on the age of both players.
  12. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,959 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    I love Romo but I would do the trade in a heartbeat. If RG3 can stay healthy he's gonna be a top 5 QB for many years to come!
  13. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    No. Romo for Luck on a second though, Luck is actually winning games and not just padding his stats
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    I think I'd make that trade. Romo is great, imo. But RG3 is 22 and, like Romo, has everything you look for in a QB but with more upside at this stage in his career.

The easier choice would be Romo for Luck.

It's not as easy as it may seem to some for several reasons certainly above the heads of some posters here :cool:
    RG3 is currently running a well designed, custom made, fairly low risk offense. The offense would not go at all without that run game. But then again, the run game may not work without the RG3 threat of play action and running.
    My worry, as always, with RG3 is that he will have serious concussion issues very early in his career.

Still, hate to say it, but even though the sample size is still very small, I'd probably make that trade.
  15. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Who is your favorite current Cowboys player outside of Witten ?

I think there are very few teams that wouldn't give up a boatload for the kid at this point. Redskins gave up a lot...but it is paying dividends at this point. The upside seems to be through the roof.

I think it would be silly for the Cowboys to turn down any possible trade with the Redskins involving RG3 and Romo.

Realistically the Cowboys would have to gve up more than just Romo in that trade at this stage of their careers. Not going to happen.
  16. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    How bout the guy get another year under his belt before he is anointed THE ONE.:lmao2:

Oh, and no.

No way .
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Cam Newton is the reason.

Why would I want to trade a proven starter who has ever Cowboys passing record for a guy who, while he has had a very good rookie year will have a full season of tape on him? Let's wait and see if, like most of these type of players, the defenses start to figure him out. They already are to some extent. Just like last year when Cam Newton was all the rage and this year they have tape on him and know his weakness'.

So no, I wouldn't do it now.
  18. S.B. Bound

S.B. Bound Member

223 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :banghead: wow.... just wow!
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Not sure what my favorite player has to do with anything but Dez, Ware and Sean Lee are at the top. Why is that relevant?
  20. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    It depends on where you think your team is under development...

If you're trying to contend and think the team overall is good enough, but just needs a QB, then you stick with Romo.

If you're in full rebuilding mode, then I'd make the trade for RGIII for potential alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.