1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo or RGIII?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CyberB0b, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,912 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    I'll take just about any QB over Romo.I'm tired of looking at the guy.

The sight of him makes me ill.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,886 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    Yes.
    Both throw a nice deep ball at times too.

Cam was asked to put it up much more than Griffen. His stats were huge as a result, but his accuracy can be (and is) questionable.
  3. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

993 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I will leave the determination of myself as fool to you. But to get to to the point, I only bring up race when it fits. It does not always fit, but it does here.

What would be foolish, IMO, is the rationale that no ones points of view is EVER motivated by race. That's just naive. And to be clear, I don't think anyone who's made those comparisons are racist. But I feel it's a media-imposed mindset, that you compare white QBs to white QBs, and black QBs to black QBs. And that mindset has bleed over to fan message board discussions frequently.

It's fine if you disagree with my viewpoint here, I digress, I'd rather this discussion not devolve into something else entirely.
  4. cowboyfreak

cowboyfreak Member

492 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here are the percentages taken from ESPN splits as to behind the line of scrimmage passes. I did not look at everyone but of all the top QBs Romo definately has the least amount of throws behind the line of scrimmage and RG3 has the most by FAR...

Quarterback % passes behind the line of scrimmage

Tony Romo.........10%
    RG3...................22% 10% points higher on avg than all other QBs
    Matt Stafford......13%
    Aaron Rodgers.....16%
    Matt Ryan...........15%
    Drew Brees..........16%
    Tom Brady...........13%
    Peyton Manning....14%
    Andrew Luck........12%

The point is, all things considered, RG3 is not asked to do what TR is on a daily basis. TR has almost no run support and one of the worst OL is recent memory.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,777 Messages
    5,192 Likes Received
    RG3 is a much more charismatic leader. The team wants to follow him. Romo is not naturally that type of person/leader. Give me RG3 for the next decade.
  6. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    This is the most rational thing I've read in this thread.

RG3 is so overrated though. He's nothing more than a product of the system they run in DC.
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It wasn't even necessary. I read it and to say they are exactly the same is not what anyone said. What people are saying wait and see if the same pitfall hits him as did the last "Phenom" which was Cam Newton. Maybe the intelligence meter is broke on your pc.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,777 Messages
    5,192 Likes Received
    i guarantee, you would not be spewing this hate if he was our qb running that system. he is a rookie for goodness sakes!
  9. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    They were both Heisman Winners.
    Both top picks.
    Both had all the hoopla in the world
    Both had amazing Rookie years.
    The latest is not having a great year.
    And frankly, 3 of the last four Hiesman top picks were QB who have struggled in their second year.
    And I would say the same for Luck.
    Fail to see why race has to be the ONLY thing that people see. It shows what they are focused on rather than the ability and play.
  11. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,912 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    I agree with him.I will sit back and enjoy the fall!
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well the media is a bunch of ignorant *****. Let them have that discussion. No need to bring that in to this discussion.
    I don't care about the skin color and neither should anyone else. Just compare the situations, styles of play and a little history.
  13. Wayne02

2,260 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    RG3 and Cam Newton do not have the same style of play. They are completely different QB's.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,034 Messages
    2,821 Likes Received
    True. That is like Saying Steve Young was a product of the system he played in or Troy Aikman as far as that goes. Hell Aikman talked about how big of a factor Norv was to his career. To claim a QB is a product of the system he plays in can be said about most every QB out there.
  15. GloryDaysRBack

9,331 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    I can guarantee you I would be.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Oh for God's sake. You don't even read what people say.
  17. Wayne02

2,260 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    No, I actually I do.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No, you actually don't you just proved it. Completely ignored the entirety of the post and said they don't have the same style. But yeah, you read the whole post. :rolleyes:
  19. GloryDaysRBack

9,331 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    Reading and comprehending are too different things
  20. Wayne02

2,260 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    Ok Cajun, you started this whole thing when you cherry picked out the race part out of the original conversation from the poster debunking the notion that RG3 are comparable to Newton and Vick. All you focused on was the race part which was ridiculous.