1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo or RGIII?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CyberB0b, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,607 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I don't know if I would trade Romo for RGIII, but I would guarantee that I would trade Romo for Andrew Luck without hesitation.

Craig
  2. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,009 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I agree, in fact, I feel scouts and GMs should be considering work ethic, character, personality and leadership qualities to be in higher regard than arm strength, height, size, and 40 time.

Tom Brady was a sixth round pick. Rodgers was a late first rounder. Romo went undrafted. All have been successful from putting up big numbers to winning multiple championships. Then you have the Jamarcus Russell, Akili Smith, Heath Shuler, and Michael Vicks, who despite their immense talent they lacked one of those real crucial elements of maturity(Vick), intelligence(Shuler), leadership(Smith), or all of them above(Russell), to put that talent to use.

Griffin has shown to have the majority of those intangibles, which makes him more likely to be successful in the long term.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,021 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Luck and RG3 are pretty much the perfect player you want to draft coming out of College. Super smart and super talented with hardly any phyiscal limits.
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,235 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    The title of this thread should have been.. "Are you a homer or realist?"
  5. NIBGoldenchild

1,009 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    :confused: Maybe you haven't read the majority of this thread. How does Cam Newton 2.0 sound to you? And re-read the post I was replying to, that was exactly what the previous poster was implying. Again, that is a terribly lazy way to determine whether a player will be successful.
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    Redskin fans are voting in this poll ...... :lmao:
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No, it wasn't the first time it was brought up. It just that it was so stupid to even include it to start with that the other posts got deleted. The comparisons had nothing to do with race but someone had to include it for whatever self aggrandizing reason.
  8. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    No that isn't what I said at all.

We've seen QBs like him come and go. The result is always the same. There is no reason to think it will play out any differently now. He is following the EXACT same bellcurve that his predecessors did. It's up to him to buck the trend.
  9. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Please name them.
  10. NIBGoldenchild

1,009 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Race was not the only thing I mentioned in that post, it's just the only thing you paid attention to. :) The majority of that post was about maturity, work ethic, and character. Areas where Newton and Griffin differ drastically.
  11. NIBGoldenchild

1,009 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

:D
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,371 Messages
    3,716 Likes Received
    I think he clearly needs to do a better job of protecting himself when he does run but I will also say he tends to look to pass before just taking off at the drop of the hat as Vick did. I see RGIII moving around behind the line of scrimmage buying time looking for the open man. No doubt the kid has wheels and nothing wrong with using them from time to time but his career will be short lived if he does not do a better job of protecting himself from big hits
  13. Wayne02

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    DING DING DING......This is exactly what I was trying to explain to him. Out of everything that was said in that post, the only thing he wanted to talk about was the race part. Please explain Cajun.
  14. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Doesn't sound like he is saying because of his color. I enumerated several similarities in Newton and Griffen that had nothing to do with race. And my WHOLE point was that I would not trade an established veteran QB who holds ever Cowboys passing record and is still in the prime of his career with a half proven rookie. Be that Griffen, Luck or anyone else. The point is that every QB who comes into this league and "sets the world on fire" is the next great thing. Just like Newton last year. And just like Newton last year, in the off season, teams will have an entire season to view tape and determine his weakness and strengths. And just like Newton, he will have to over come those obstacles. As will Andrew Luck.

Their situations are exactly the same. Their styles aren't but their situations are.
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    He already did ...... you are just to busy passive aggressively calling him a racist to read it.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Because the rest of it I didn't have an argument with. I never argued the styles. I argued the fact that there is no way to determine if he is a flash in the pan or someone who is going to be great. And there had already been deleted posts that made the point it was because he was black that people compared him to Newton.
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Once again, I didn't argue those points because I didn't disagree. I disagree with the implication that people are basing their positions on race. Further my point on Griffen has more to do with how he reacts when coaches have an entire off season to break him down like they did Newton.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think it makes them feel better about themselves to do that.
  19. cowboyfreak

cowboyfreak Member

492 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, the poll is stupid. Because of the age factor.

Let me ask you this ...

Would you take Bart Star today, as-is or
    Blaine Gabbert??

It is also dumb because of the scheme factor.
    They run two completely different systems.
    RG3 leads the league by a wide margin of passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage (22%) of his passes. Romo throws behind the line of scrimmage the least (10%)

They are hard to compare because of those factors...

But I have seen for a number of years now , Romo almost single handedly carry this team.Making something out of nothing , breaking most Cowboy QB records, and be a leader on this team. I like RG3 but he is not proven. I take Romo.

I am not a homer for stating fact, you are not a realist for stating opinion
  20. Wayne02

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    What??? I'm passively calling Cajun a racist? Please get a clue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.