1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo or RGIII?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CyberB0b, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,905 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received
    Absolutely! Youth before age, always, when both players are as dynamic as these two.
  2. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Well, my vote would be no, but of course I don't think I am looking at it the same way as you all are ;)
  3. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,091 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Our team SHOULD be in full rebuilding mode but we have an owner who is too stupid to realize that. We are always "One or two players away", or one or 2 wins away from reaching the playoffs, etc.
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,091 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Nice. There isn't one Redskin fan on this earth who would trade RG3 for Romo.
  5. S.B. Bound

S.B. Bound Member

223 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Whatever... But ask yourself how many historic QB's had "average" 2nd years & yet you chose to compare him to CAM!?! What ever will make you sleep better, RGIII is in no way form, shape or fashion a Newton prototype (PERIOD).
  6. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,905 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received

:laugh1:

Sic 'Em Bears!
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,657 Messages
    6,372 Likes Received
    I don't believe they feel the team is 1-2 players away, but that they can rebuild on the fly and still contend.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    I think RG3 is already in win now mode. I'm sure there will be a lot of people picking the Skins in the Superbowl next year as well.
  9. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,403 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Funny thing I always think about when someone makes a Cam comparison...

If their game is so similar, and they play the same way and have the same talent...there is film on Cam.

RG3 is playing the same offense ? RG3 is the similar player ? Why is Cam not as successful this year and yet RG3 is...when basically they are mirrored players ?

RG3 is simply a better QB. Perhaps it is the loss of Jeremy Shockey ?

The Redskins have mediocre play for the TE position besides blocking.

Hmmm...
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,657 Messages
    6,372 Likes Received
    Shanahan has him playing lights out, but I think time will tell...
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    No such thing as rebuilding unless you don't have a QB.

It's all about QB and coaching in this league. If you have both then you are usually a top team, if you only have 1 then you usually are somewhere in the middle, if you have neither then you are towards the bottom.

In the Cowboys case, we don't have a coach.
  12. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Nope.

We've seen RG3 before. Been dazzled by them over and over again. Then the hits start to pile up, production starts to go down, time starts to be missed, and the wins go away.

No reason yet to believe RG3 will be any different.

Look what Romo did on Sunday with a mediocre running game. RG3 is playing with the #1 rushing offense in the NFL.

If anyone would take RG3 over Romo now, they haven't been paying attention to the NFL for the last 15 years.
  13. SkinsandTerps

7,403 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Sorry, it was off topic. I was just curious. Thanks.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    2 things

RG3 has a coach that has put him in a perfect system for him.

2. Rg3 can read defenses and anticipate where the ball should go before the receiver has even broke out of his route.

Cam locks onto the primary receiver (usually Steve Smith) too much.
  15. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No problem. Just thought it had something to do with RG3. And why did you assume Witten is my favorite player? (He's not by the way).
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,100 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
    I think he thinks that photo in your sig is Witten.
  17. SkinsandTerps

7,403 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I didn't assume that, I just wanted to take out an easy favorite that most would say.

haha.

Anyway back to topic...you all are crazy if you wouldn't trade for an up and coming star in this league.
  18. SkinsandTerps

7,403 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    And you would be quite wrong.
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    Romo takes a lot of hits too so I don't see the point there. Plus RG3 is as good in the pocket as anyone we've seen at this stage in his career.

Also he's 6'3, 225lbs. Thats average size for that position.
  20. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    they don't play the same at all. two different qb's. RG3 is much more careful with the ball, and chews up chunks of yardage with his scrambles. Cam takes a lot more risks throwing and running, and is a serious threat in the red zone because of his strength and size. I think the main reason cam has fallen off this year is because the running game isn't nearly as effective for the panthers this year. Frankly, if Cam was the RG3 prototype, wouldn't defenses already know what to do against RG3?

But, as for the original topic....I think you have to make that trade if you're the cowboys. I love Romo, and I don't think he's gotten a fair shake with us in Dallas. But he's already in his 30's, and I don't know how long he can survive with this line the way it is. RG3 has an equally crappy line I would think, but he's a lot faster and younger than Romo is. He doesn't have the same pocket awareness as Tony, but can make up the difference with his physical gifts. And the dude is tearing ish up in the league right now with c to b level skill players. Imagine the damage he could do with Witten, Dez, and Miles? I'd make the trade in a heartbeat.