1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo or RGIII?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CyberB0b, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Rg3 is arguably already a consistently better decision maker throwing the football than romo.
  2. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'm pretty confident nobody on this forum thinks this could actually happen.
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    Is this a joke? RG3 in a game does what Romo often does in a quarter.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,805 Messages
    2,075 Likes Received
    If I was going to play the what if game I would have throw Luck into the mix.
    I like Romo quite a bit and think he is one of the leagues top QB's having said that it would be hard to turn away from a very good QB just entering the league and showing very good skills.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,488 Messages
    1,735 Likes Received
    First of all, Washington would never trade a 22 year old marketing phenomenon for a 32 year old replacement. And I don't blame them.

No, I would not make the trade because I do not want to run that style of Offense. I think the NFL catches on quickly and ultimately the pro set, pocket passer QB is still the way to go.

I like the kid. Think he's incredibly fun to watch, but I'd rather draft another pocket passer for the future.
  6. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,725 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I am surprised this poll is so close. I would think RG3 would win in a landslide.
  7. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I'd love for you to show me someone who believes this will happen. It's just a time-filler thread till Sunday like always.
  8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,651 Messages
    1,671 Likes Received
    No, he's not. Not even close. He just checks it down or goes deep.

I love the kid, but he scored 17 points and everyone is freaking out. If Romo did that, he'd get skewered.
  9. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Exactly. If Romo was 27-28 I'd take Romo in a heartbeat. Romo will probably only have 2-3 more "decent" years left where RG3/Luck are rookies and performing exceptionally well.
  10. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    Seriously. RG3s pedestrian production would net this team zero wins.
  11. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,725 Messages
    55 Likes Received

I think that what makes RG3 so good, he can move around but he can also be a pocket passer and beat you with his arm.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,805 Messages
    2,075 Likes Received
    True but it is also 2 different offense. Washington is leading the NFL in rushing in doing that they are not forced to have RGIII put the ball up a ton. Washington continue to take the short stuff and as the defense starts to creep up on this the Skins will take their shot down field. RGIII is executing the offense he is playing within.

Troy played in a system that did not allow for many 300 yard passing games but we won, that is what it is all about
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,651 Messages
    1,671 Likes Received
    If that style takes over the NFL, count me out. I don't watch much college football anymore because I hate that style of play. It's street football, and it's ruining the game.

I wish they'd make a rule that you can only have two receivers, and no one can line up behind the quarterback in the shotgun. Make football about football again.
  14. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    The skins are seriously doing that..?
  15. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    7 of which came off a ridiculous fumble advanced.

Meanwhile Romo brought us back from 25 down against that same team and was a Dez Bryant finger away from sweeping them.

It's good to see there are a few people here who can think for themselves and not just suck on the media hype machine. RG3 is playing well, better than most thought he would. He's not turning the ball over, and combining that with average production at the QB position and playmaking running the ball. He has the league's top rushing attack taking pressure off of him. He's like a fast Alex Smith.

But the production curve for those QBs has ALWAYS been the same. Until RG3 proves different there's no reason to assume he'll be any different, especially if he keeps carrying the ball 130 times a season.
  16. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,927 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Your Romo homerism just spews out hate and envy towards other QB's doesn't it. Pretty sad.
  17. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,879 Messages
    1,198 Likes Received
    What some of you don't get here is RG3 is an excellent pocket passer. He has a passer first mentality and he is extremely accurate. It just so happens that he has ELITE speed with his legs and when he gets in trouble, which is often considering he has a horrible OLINE, then he takes off.

This isn't Michael Vick who teams can figure out and stack the box against. This guy will burn you all over the field. He has amazing tangibles.

I can't imagine why in the world someone would want to stick with Romo over RG3.
  18. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,008 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    I would. It isn't anything negative against Romo, but I would because RG3 is much younger and playing at a high level already. Romo may not have many more prime years ahead of him. It would be a smart move franchise-wise.
  19. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,338 Messages
    4,296 Likes Received
    Maybe so, but the Cowboys, in general, have bigger problems than at the QB position. So again, can you get by with Romo while strengthening other positions? Yes, you can.

Redskins had some good pieces on the team, but no QB. You NEEDED to get RGIII. A consistently performing QB has done wonders for you guys.

The Cowboys don't NEED a QB. They NEED to strengthen the OL, the safety, and the DL positions, and I wouldn't get mad if they got another OLB.
  20. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,829 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I know it's already been said, but count me as another Romo fan who would make the trade with little hesitation. All about age. I think if you're thinking of the next 5+ years, RG3 is more likely to bring more to your team.