1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo or RGIII?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CyberB0b, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,687 Messages
    1,761 Likes Received
    Yeah a guy that may not hit 3k yards this season is just lighting the field up. I've never seen someone get so slobbered over for 100 yards and 1TD.
  2. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Look at the turnover comparison tho..he makes the right decision most of the time, whereas Romo gambles. Sometimes with spectacular results, sometimes with disastrous results...and also don't assume because he put up 17 points with the skill players he currently has he would put up 17 with ours. The kid engineers a lot of scoring drives. think of all the games we could have won easily if we could have put up more first half points?
  3. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    So passing yards tell the whole story about how effective a QB is for his football team?
  4. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,687 Messages
    1,761 Likes Received
    In today's league? Not the whole story but much of it.
  5. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    All of this is true. I would never point the finger at Romo as being the sole source of our problems. Frankly he saves our butts plenty of times, and deserves more love for his efforts. Of course, he gets us into hot water on occasion as well....but he's more than capable of taking this team all the way. I do believe Rg3 could come here and have much success in our system as well though.
  6. Wayne02

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Oh in today's league it does? Oh ok. Also Phillip Rivers puts up huge numbers yearly, I guess RG III is not even close to being in his class.
  7. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,259 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    You'd need to throw in 2 first round picks and MoClaiborne for me to consider this trade

I'd still probably say no :)
  8. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,684 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Agreed 110%
  9. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Member

513 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is this a trick question?

Yes, of course I would. Every day of the week, especially Sunday.
  10. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    My selection is more about one has a whole career in front of them and one is likely winding down their career. We have a young team and should have a young QB to match.
  11. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This is such a dumb poll. The answer is YES. For so many reasons. None of which include Romo being sub par as an NFL QB, he is quite the opposite. However, the answer is a resounding YES. Franchise QB for the next 10 years? Sign me up.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    One thing for sure RGIII is not being asked to do what Romo does. Skins avg 167 yards a game on the ground they keep themselfs in makable down and distance. Not much different than what SF is doing by running the ball effectively they keep the QB in an ideal situation. RGIII has put up 325 passes compared to Romo 483
  13. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Chill. I Meant RG3 is padding his stats not Romo, Romo is too, to a degree but for other reasons
  14. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received

I realize that. I believe RG3 would be better in the Cowboys offense than Romo and make it seem better...same as he does for the Redskins.

I also believe he has more upside than Romo at this point of their respective careers.
  15. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,729 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    Keep in mind, this is a Cowboys fan forum.
  16. Wayne02

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    RG3 is padding his stats??? CZ has turned into a comedy show.
  17. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,268 Messages
    7,118 Likes Received
    Not sure I agree with that. But then it's because I believe the troubles on the OL would do a rookie no favors.

Well, that's a given and would be the only reason that I think anyone should pick RGIII over Romo.
  18. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,017 Messages
    1,903 Likes Received
    I posted this poll because I had a conversation with my buddy and he was saying no way in hell and I couldn't possibly see why. It is strange how close this poll is. I thought it would be a landslide for RGIII.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    I don't agree with this statement. I mean, yes RG3 is having a great year, especially in light of the fact that he is a rookie but to say that he is already a better decision maker is a stretch IMO. He plays in a much more simplified offense then does Romo. In fact, Romo plays in one of the most complicated offenses in the league. It's a different animal all together. In order to be able to say taht RG3 is a better decision maker, he would have to illustrate that by executing in a more complicated, more complex offense and that has not happened.

Lets also keep in mind that while RG3 is having a great year, he has still thrown for a 1000 yards less then has Romo this season, completed more then 100 less passes then has Romo. That tells you that he is throwing a lot less and is throwing down field a lot less as well.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Eventually, this might be true but right now, there is no way RG3 would be better then Romo in this offense. No way, no how, no chance. RG3 might eventually surpass Romo's skill currently but not right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.