1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Romo practices when he had an out

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AmberBeer, Jul 31, 2013.

1. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,468 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    Romo continues to show great leadership today when he practiced during the red zone drills. Garrett had said that he would be off, but Romo, as the leader of this team, felt it necessary to show the young guys as well as the veterans that this is no time for the starting QB to take a day off. This was strictly a red zone practice so it's not like he was throwing 50 yard bombs. All short yardage plays which didn't tax his arm. I like the way this team is coming together.
  2. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,810 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    good for him. :cool:
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,760 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Tony Romo: Superhero.
    kristie likes this.
  4. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

330 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Leading by example!
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,322 Messages
    1,061 Likes Received
    Joe wants to know why he did not do this sooner? Where is the ledershipppppppppp?!?!?!?!
  6. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

3,590 Messages
    3,996 Likes Received
    For a fat lazy bum with a career ending broken back he is doing ok, that Romo! /sarcasm
    SDCowboy85 and Sportsbabe like this.
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,216 Messages
    9,759 Likes Received
    “Initially he was not going to practice,” quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson said in echoing the plan laid out by Garrett before practice. “But he said I feel fine. I’m not going to do individual stuff and get full day off tomorrow and possibly do 30 or 40 throws in all of practice.’ You like for him to take care of his body. But you like that aggressive mentality with the team. ‘Hey if they are going to be out there I’m going to be out there.’ He didn’t over do anything.”

Defense end DeMarcus Ware certainly took notice and said Romo’s attitude will go a long way in the locker room.

“You know what a guy like Romo that’s what we need to see – a guy who’s out there working when he shouldn’t be working and doing what he needs to do when he doesn’t have to,” Ware said. “That carries over into the game. Sometimes there are some adverse times in the game to where you don’t want to get out there and do it, but you get out there and do it and not just for yourself. You do it for your teammates.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-earns-points-with-teammates-as-a-leader.html
  8. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

7,115 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    Red Zone is what he needs to praktiss on the most. He has no problems from 20 to 20.
    DallasDomination likes this.
  9. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

7,115 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    Sarcasm descriptor (if this is a word) wasn't necessary ... trust. ;) That was a perfect post.
  10. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,886 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Good, he needs all the practice he can get. They all do.
    DallasDomination likes this.
  11. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,767 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    He probably just wanted to put on a show for his kid, who was in attendance lol
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,005 Messages
    3,765 Likes Received
    Been doing this for years now.
    But really, he could use some reps, IMO.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

6,717 Messages
    4,087 Likes Received
    Yesterday, I went to work, too, and I don't make a bajillion dollars.

Where's my thread?
    Hook'em#11 likes this.
  14. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    He's got skillzzzzzz
  15. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

13,428 Messages
    2,872 Likes Received

The team needs all the practice it can get in the red-zone. That is their achilles heel. Good for Romo...
  16. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,468 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    Shows how much you know. As a QB, the coaches have to worry about him getting a tired arm and or legs. Since today is a day off for all the players, he successfully lobied to practice.
  17. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,856 Messages
    668 Likes Received
    Hmm....the guy that some are trying to say has a serious back injury refuses to take a day when given to him? Makes no sense if he was truly hurting or injured to not take that day off. Same guy is also trying to get some PT in the Hall of Fame game when the coach has said he doesn't want to use him.

I think Romo is fine, despite the rumblings of a vocal minority.
  18. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

7,566 Messages
    2,546 Likes Received
    Peyton Manning would have practiced too. Tony's new role model.
  19. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

3,590 Messages
    3,996 Likes Received
    Based on the threads you start, Romo should go to your job and tell everyone uh oh you can't work anymore you have a career ending illness and you're hiding it.
    zrinkill likes this.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,005 Messages
    3,765 Likes Received
    Lol
    You are talking in circles.
    A few redzone reps and additional timing upgrades for a guy who missed OTAs and mini-camps is no big deal. If they had true concern they woul mandate that he take the day off.....don't you think?
    I think Tony knows his body better than you do.
    AmberBeer likes this.