1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo says he will get better in the future

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Jun 11, 2014.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...dallas-cowboys

A lot has happened since Tony Romo took over as starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys in 2006.
    [IMG]
    There's been steady production, big pay days, physical setbacks, and yes, more than a fair share of disappointment for both player and organization.
    Romo continues to keep an optimistic perspective as he begins his ninth year as a starter. In an exclusive interview with NFL Media's Desmond Purnell, Romo explained his forward-leaning mindset.
    "You know I'm not into the looking back kind of thing," Romo told Purnell when asked how he'd sum up his career. "You know when I'm done playing I'll do that but right now it's about improving and I'm not done growing as a football player, I have to keep getting better.
    "If I don't get better, it doesn't help our football team. We weren't good enough before and it just means that I have to be a better player to help this team get to where we are trying to go and that's my ultimate goal each year."
    In reality, Romo has been plenty good enough in his time in Dallas. It's the cast around him that never seems to be up to snuff. The Cowboys are a shiny McMansion built on a bum foundation.
    Year after year, it's Romo who pays the price for that shoddy craftsmanship.
    In the latest edition of the "Around The League Podcast," the heroes debate the Super Bowl windows of Brady and Manning.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Sounds great but frankly I'm much more concerned about the defense. Anything they can do to help us win games would surely take some pressure off Tony.
    jobberone likes this.
  3. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,469 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    Romo consistently takes the fall for the team's failures even when it's not really his fault. I guess that doesn't count as "leadership" though.
    casmith07, Coy, Risen Star and 9 others like this.
  4. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,945 Messages
    1,374 Likes Received
    I've constantly heard this before.
    visionary, pjtoadie, Zordon and 5 others like this.
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Every year.
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,291 Messages
    1,465 Likes Received
    Yup, "Just got to get better" Meanwhile makes the same mistakes he has been making sense he was a rookie. Never learns.
    lostar2009, Animosity, Zordon and 2 others like this.
  7. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,469 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    Hahahahaahaha
    casmith07 likes this.
  8. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,648 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    sounds familiar
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,292 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    He's the quarterback... who else would take the fall? The head coach and GM are bulletproof, so Romo is the only one left.
    khiladi, pjtoadie and Aven8 like this.
  10. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

869 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Romo is 34 and has been getting hurt...QB arm strength does not get better each year at his age
    just look at Manning and you can see a QB who has to out think rather than overpower passes to
    fit them into tight spaces. I hope he's right and can finally get a team that can help him get over
    the hump, but I think everyone must admit that Witten's and Romo's windows are closing ever so
    fast.
    DallasCowpoke likes this.
  11. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,351 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    Stop throwing heartbreaking INT's, and all will be well.
  12. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Well Peyton has nerve damage in his throwing arm from his surgery so medically he has an issue plus his age.

You're right. Time is catching up.
  13. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    That was Orton, genius.
  14. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    I opened this thread to specifically say this. He's good enough to win but he'll need some help (like every other QB).

He just can't make the dumb mistake in waning moments.
  15. Western

Western Active Member

124 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Pay for performance.
    When T. Romo signed a gargantuan contract in 2013 given his age and high probability of recurring health issues, he evaluated his already high profile position.
    The front office failed in developing strong competition with the QB position & as a result, team Romo had the upper hand in negotiations.

Now, the burden is on T. Romo to deliver.
    No more excuses.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  16. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

955 Messages
    985 Likes Received
    It's an addiction we all have.

[IMG]
    khiladi and Fletch like this.
  17. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,291 Messages
    1,465 Likes Received
    But we all know he will. How many times have we watched the movie? We all know the ending.
    Clove likes this.
  18. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    That was Orton.
  19. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,946 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Then quit checking out of running plays at the line.
    Cowboy_Shawn, Zordon and ufcrules1 like this.
  20. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,851 Messages
    1,837 Likes Received
    When you're constantly put in that position(almost every game), more so then any other QB, you're eventually going to throw a game breaking INT. What happened in the Denver game last year perfectly sums up how Romo's career has played out with the Cowboys, he can't do it all by himself. He shouldn't have to play stellar every game for us to win, even then we still lose when he plays good. No QB in the NFL is asked to carry around more dead weight then Romo, and it's been pretty crappy how his career has been wasted so far.