1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo SI Cover

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by vlad, Nov 27, 2013.

1. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,077 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    FYI -
    http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/27/tony-romo-sports-illustrated-cover-dallas-cowboys/?eref=sihp

POSTED NOVEMBER 27, 2013
    Cowboys’ Tony Romo appears on Dec. 2 cover of Sports Illustrated
    DALLAS COWBOYS, NFC EAST, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED COVER

BY BEN EAGLE
    [IMG]
    Tony Romo appears on the Dec. 2 cover of Sports Illustrated. (Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Why does America hate Tony Romo? That’s the question posed by the cover story of this week’s issue of Sports Illustrated.

The Cowboys’ quarterback is rarely included in the discussion of elite QBs. He probably wouldn’t even make the top five. But S.L. Price details why Romo “deserves your unconditional love.”

(You can subscribe to Sports Illustrated here and purchase the tablet edition here.)

“On paper, Romo ranks among the finest,” Price writes. “A supposed choker, he has the best fourth-quarter passer rating in the regular season (102.5) of any QB, ever, and his 11 game-winning drives since 2011 — the latest a 14-play march on the road, with Romo connecting on six of nine attempts for 67 yards, in the final 4:45 to set up the winning field goal against the Giants on Sunday — lead the league. This season, the 6-foot-2, 236-pound Romo has thrown just seven interceptions while being lodged, as usual, among the NFL leaders in completion percentage (64.2, eighth), TDs (23, fourth) and passer rating (97.2, seventh).”
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,687 Messages
    1,011 Likes Received
    Well, crap. Looks like it's time to put my life savings on Oakland.
    ternewt24, Zman5, Wheeltax and 4 others like this.
  3. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,827 Messages
    1,071 Likes Received
    That will be an interesting read.
  4. CaptainCreed

CaptainCreed Active Member

380 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    "America's Whipping Boy"
  5. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,414 Messages
    1,027 Likes Received
    Most underrated, underappreciated QB in the game today. Maybe in NFL history.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    LOL...
  7. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,875 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    It's a conspiracy! Mara used his influence and is trying to inflict the SI back luck on Romo!!!!

TOO LATE MARA!!!!!! :D
    laythewood28 and pjtoadie like this.
  8. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,827 Messages
    1,071 Likes Received
    It's hilarious. People here at work call Romo overrated.

How can he be overrated? Every non-Cowboys fan I know thinks he's garbage. If nobody thinks he's any good, how can he be OVERrated.

Anyway, I think I'm more comfortable when Romo gets trashed than when Romo gets praised. Don't know why, but that's the way it is with me.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I agree. Maybe one day Cowboy nation can get behind him and support him for a change. I highly doubt it now though, once some make their mind up there is no changing it and they will spin any success away from Romo.
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    ESPN did the same thing a couple weeks ago.

Its amazing how media outlets just use Tony Romo to sell papers. Uh, he's a whipping boy because you made him that way.
  11. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,369 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    We are very spoiled. Romo is a godsend
    Vanilla2, BigStar, DavidS and 2 others like this.
  12. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,338 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    Win a ring, all the question marks go away.
    RonSpringsdaman20 likes this.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    52 others have to help for that to happen. Ever notice all the players on the team when you win a SB get a ring also?
    BigStar, Zman5, Picksix and 3 others like this.
  14. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,271 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    Love me some romo
    BigStar likes this.
  15. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,108 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    I was so glad for Romo that he led the team down for the game-winning FG against the giants.

I will be happy for him as well if the negative perception about him changes on the national scene. He deserves better.

Just because they don't like the Cowboys and Jerry Jones is a dork, is not reason enough to trash Romo, .. when he is a very good NFL QB.
    Vanilla2 and BigStar like this.
  16. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,823 Messages
    1,820 Likes Received
    Exactly, the media is sooooo two faced it's not even funny.

After a win led by Romo - "Romo deserves your unconditional love." "Romo is clutch."

After a lose led by Romo - "Romo is a choker and he's holding back Dallas, they'll never win the big game with him as their QB."

I guess it's the cool thing to show Romo love at the moment, because he's put up 2 GWD out of the last 3 weeks. Just wait when he slips up, they'll be on him like white on rice. :D
    alicetooljam likes this.
  17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,012 Messages
    9,094 Likes Received
    That's the only way he'll ever be remembered for anything other than being a choke artist.

Completely unfair, but it's the truth.
    wileedog, BigStar and stasheroo like this.
  18. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

546 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Thanks. You are completely right.
  19. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,726 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    Eating a little crow here. But, I am starting to agree with this more and more.
    w8lifter, AmberBeer and Nav22 like this.
  20. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,522 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    I love how a primary appendage of the media asks why America hates Tony Romo. They're the ones that build people up and tear people down to suit their own narratives. "Why does America hate Tony Romo?" Because in modern societies the tail wags the dog, and the voices of the informed are drowned out by the bleating of the unwashed masses.