1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recommended Romo TD Pass to Williams

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CaptainCreed, Oct 14, 2013.

1. CaptainCreed

CaptainCreed Active Member

380 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Not that it matters but I am pretty sure Romo looks like he was throwing this pass to Witten and Williams just made a great play to help out a scrambling qb extending the play and he just ended up in the right place. NBC had a good shot of Romo holding Williams laughing about something and looks like he is talking about Witten to him though reading lips is not the easiest.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here a link to some gifs:
    http://********.com/the-rare-instance-of-a-happy-tony-romo-your-sunday-nig-1444669427
    Duane likes this.
  2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I don't think so. I think all the excitement from witten and romo was that Williams made an intelligent play and read the situation and broke off his route and adjusted to romo being out of the pocket.

that is what made romo trust Laurent robinson so much and what ogletree could never get. its what could make Williams a huge impact player here going forward. If his mind is as good as his physical abilities he could be outstanding.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,075 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure that had Williams all over it. If not, it was the most perfectly thrown accident I've ever seen. :)
    Muhast and sunbum like this.
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    there is no question, I don't even understand the premise that it was thrown to witten and Williams lucked into it.

The excitement was Williams making the adjustment and then the fantastic catch to stay in bounds.
    viman96 likes this.
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,564 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    They were talking about that play on the Herd a bit ago. They had extremely high praise for Romo.
  6. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,600 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    If that ball was intended for Witten, then TWill totally ran the wrong route, heh.
  7. SDCowboy85

15,564 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    Anyone else notice how good Williams already is at knowing where Romo wants him when plays break down?
    Kaiser likes this.
  8. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Noway that pass was intended for Witten, I don't understand how anyone who watched the game or that play can conclude it was intended for Witten.
    BLEU3ASY and AmberBeer like this.
  9. CaptainCreed

380 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    It was a great throw and I am likely wrong looking too much into the clip and witten breaking towards that side of the endzone, but good to see Romo excited over a guy fans were worried about earlier in the season, has developed very quickly.
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,151 Messages
    1,930 Likes Received
    Very Laurent Robinson like in that regard.
    SDCowboy85 likes this.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,997 Messages
    7,745 Likes Received
    They should. That was an insanely good play by the QB, and just a beautiful catch by the WR on the other end. Given where it transpired in the game, it's probably going to get glossed over a little bit, but that was an unbelievably good play right there.
    cowboyeric8, khiladi and SDCowboy85 like this.
  12. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I was so sure Romo was trying to throw the ball away when he let it go and I saw the trajectory. LOL
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    I'm not as convinced, but the arrow is definitely pointing up.
    TheCount likes this.
  14. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Actually I thought Tony was throwing it away at first. Still not 100% sure he wasn't! but the end results are all that matters.
  15. SDCowboy85

15,564 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    Romo can throw the ball further than 20 yards. That was not a throw-away. lol
  16. CaptainCreed

380 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    I was offbase, saw a clip from behind the play earlier on espn or something and looked like he was throwing it before williams completely broke off the original route and when witten was breaking to that sideline and I overthought romo and williams sideline convo. Great play regardless, hell of a throw.
    SDCowboy85 likes this.
  17. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,786 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    A lot of progression toward being a NFL receiver in a short time from a guy from a offensive scheme in Baylor that didn't even have a route tree............the learning curve is impressive.
  18. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    That was amazing. Loved seeing the sideline chatter. I still am not totally convinced i can trust this kid but he is improving.
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,559 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    Wow, one of the better plays of the year and some here are trying to say it was an accident.
    Why am I not surprised.
    SDCowboy85 likes this.
  20. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,286 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Two things:

1. Looked like Romo was putting it where TWill was going to be.
    2. Looked like the play that Crayton quit on vs Giants.

In summary... It was no accident... Not planned for Witten.
    SDCowboy85 likes this.