1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo will never best Aikman until he brings us three rings

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Dec 6, 2012.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,397 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    The bolded part is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read on this board you continue to prove you never watched Aikman live. Aikman use to stand in the pocket until the last second knowing he was going to get leveled and never filched. I even posted a video clip proving how he hung in. Romo is not a runner he uses his mobility to slip defenders and extend plays he's looking to throw not run. You don't even know his game. lol
  2. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    Yep. Troy was the master of standing in there until the very last moment and takin the hit while releasing an on target laser.
  3. KJJ

10,397 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    I guess Aikman suffered all those concussions because he was afraid to get hit. :rolleyes: When QB's run and slide is it because they're afraid to get hit? You probably think they're cowards. lol
  4. KJJ

10,397 Messages
    705 Likes Received

No doubt about that any Cowboy fan who watched him knows that. Most of his concussions were a result of him standing in there and never flinching. He suffered one of his worst concussions on this play in 89. He had just returned to the lineup after missing several games with a broken finger.

[YOUTUBE]UQOXuZb3n9s[/YOUTUBE]
  5. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

It's clear on the video he didn't see the guy who hit him
  6. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,116 Messages
    799 Likes Received

It's clear you post every day without thinking. A fan since 88? Please more like 08. Never seen so much disrespect for a man who brought 3 Super Bowls to this franchise. Super Bowl MVP winningest QB in the 90's. and Hall of fame QB. The dude was amazing and you should be banned for the disrespect and the garbage you post every day. This board use to be such a great board with great insight and insider stories and breaking news. But it's poster like you that have made this board what it is today and have run off the great posters that use to provide great things. Man I can't stand posters like this guy. You know jack!
  7. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

And I stated that he was great from 1992 to 1996 but after 1996, I was not pleased with the rest of his career and that is my opinion

Good night
  8. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    TwoDeep...you are correct that Aikman was a precision passer. I agree 100%. Given the luxury of Aikman's clean pocket...Given the Lexus-like luxury that Troy lived in after his initiation.

But as one who was Aikman's (fellow Bruin's) fiercest fan...I'll say...Troy could rarely dodge a single defender. In contrast Tony routinely dodges two, three...occasionally 4 defenders, breathing down his neck within inches.

Nor could Aikman have have managed with 2.7 seconds until the pocket dissolved to nothing...as Tony handles routinely. Aikman would have been killed.

Romo plays the game almost 1 on 5 at times. Aikman could never have survived that. He'd been out of the league quickly. On a stretcher.

Now the question: Can Romo thrive in the context of luxury--a HOF running back, top-drawer o-line blocking, an elite defense and Jimmy Johnson imposed discipline? I'd love to find out. Sadly that will never happen with Head Coach Jerry Jones.
  9. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,565 Messages
    1,187 Likes Received
    And still with all this, today's game was an example. There were plays he had time to throw and he was behind the receiver all day.

Putting him behind Aikman's line would not have changed that.

So many people are amazed at his ability to extend the play.

Troy extended the play by hitting the receiver.
  10. KJJ

10,397 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    He had defenders all around him he knew he was going to get hit. He took hits from defenders that were coming straight at him and he never shied away from them that's one of the reasons he suffered so many concussions. What's your problem with Aikman you don't like him as an announcer?

You're making it more obvious with every post you have an issue with him and only know of him as a player through his highlights. How old are you can you even answer that question? :laugh2:
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I was watching the cowboys with danny white as a preteen in 88.
  12. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,527 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I love my memories Troy Aikman. Great short to intermediate route accuracy - tended to float the deep ball. Great pocket awareness - zero escapability. Awesome when surrounded by great O-Line, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin - pounded mercilessly in the absence of the aforementioned.

Having watched Romo operate largely WITHOUT a combination of at least two of those three elements annually for the majority of his career in Dallas - I'm thinking Romo would have delivered at least the same results as #8.

But I really try to avoid the comparisons. This is a different era and there are NO MORE Emmitt Smiths. I don't see ther ilk ever arising again based on the way the NFL game is trending over the last decade. Pass, pass, pass.
  13. KJJ

10,397 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    I figured you were real young you were probably too preoccupied playing with marbles during Cowboy games to know what was going on. Case in point if you were watching them in 88 you watched them with Steve Pelluer at QB. Danny White never started a game that season he had only 42 attempts in relief. Are you going to tell me you put down your silly putty long enough to remember those? :laugh2: You don't remember Danny White anymore than you did Aikman. Anything you knew you got from your dad as you sat in his lap while HE watched the games.

You don't remember the type of player Aikman was which is obvious by some of the utterly ridiculous comments you've made. You're not going to be taken seriously posting nonsense about a great player who led the Cowboys back from the depths of hell to 3 SB wins. You shouldn't get into debates about players or topics you know nothing about it makes you look silly.
  14. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,116 Messages
    799 Likes Received

Owned!!! Thank you! Game over.
  15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,867 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    The bolder was the first thing I thought if when this clueless person mentioned that. Arizona game. If anything Troy was known for staying in the pocket and taking too many hits.

The guy was one if the most accurate passers in NFL playoff history and did it in an era where defenses mauled WRs. I feel like this us generational and this person never saw real football until recently despite the name.
  16. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    The only year that Aikman was real bad was 2000. It was hard to watch him play because you could tell he was through. All those concussions took a toll on him. Hands down, I wouldn't have wanted to have any other QB in the 1990's. Troy was that good. We were lucky to have him.
  17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,867 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    Until Manning and Brady he had the most wins of any QB in any decade. Consistency.
  18. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,604 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    I am glad Romo is the QB of this team for now.

BUT... Better than Aikman? In no way is that even close. Not at this time. Let the career play out first.

Brrr...... Romo at the Vet? Wow man, that is a bold one there. Some of those Egals team with THIS group of Offensive players and O-line?

Romo would get killed in some games..
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I was in middle school and remember watching the game below which made me snap

10/23/88..........Cowboys 20-0 lead at the Vet and lost 24-23. Steve Pueller played good that day
  20. rags747

rags747 Active Member

989 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Saying that Romo is a vicinity passer is off base imo. He has been off more that usual this year but in my mind the guy is pretty damn accurate, he's always hitting his receiver in stride for the most part. Now, maybe why he is off more than usual this year has to do with him always being on the run this season. Before he even finishes his drop he is taking evasive steps. Rarely does this guy have a clean pocket...