Romo's 1st game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Yuma Cactus, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

7,108 Messages
    1,080 Likes Received
    What did you say to me, boy? I root for the Dallas Cowboys. I want Romo to do well. I just dont trust he will.
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

28,469 Messages
    3,243 Likes Received
    Of course you do. It's evident with how you portray him.

:laugh2:
  3. Gemini Dolly

7,108 Messages
    1,080 Likes Received
    :p:.....;)
  4. 5Stars

28,469 Messages
    3,243 Likes Received
    Romo is here to stay!

:nana:

:laugh2:
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

62,094 Messages
    14,219 Likes Received
    About tiped passes getting intercepted?

You trying to pin that on Romo is just classic.
  6. Gemini Dolly

7,108 Messages
    1,080 Likes Received

relax. I Just wanted to use the thunder emoticon.
  7. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

5,937 Messages
    2,209 Likes Received
    I remember Babe Laufenberg going through the mistakes Bledsoe made in the first half one at a time to show why he was benched. I recall not noticing most of them while watching the game, but there were a bunch of them.
  8. 5Stars

28,469 Messages
    3,243 Likes Received
    I think that last pass into the left of the endzone that got intercepted is what Parcells thought, enough is enough! If I remember, there was someone else wide open but Bledsoe threw it to the wrong person.
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

7,769 Messages
    4,460 Likes Received
    My first and only cowboy game to see in person. :)
  10. iRepDatStar

iRepDatStar Active Member

144 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I remember this day like it was yesterday... Oct 23rd is my bday...
  11. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

7,335 Messages
    2,330 Likes Received
    It's funny because the TV Info blurb was something like 4 turnovers lead to a Giants rout, when actually, it was a huge positive sea change for the Dallas franchise. One of my favorite losses ever, a real QB had emerged.

It was actually Tony's 4th game at QB, I think. In addition to the 2 toss spectacle against Houston, he played a few weeks earlier but didn't throw a pass, same in the prior season. As much as I admired what Parcells did for the team, I often disliked his bus driver gameday approach and didn't think that Tony would get to play in 2006 until the season was out of reach. How cool was it to throw him out in the third quarter against the Giants in a winnable game on Monday Night in October.

It's painful to look back and realize how the organization has squandered that serendipitous UDFA franchise QB find with pathetic OL's and substandard coaching since 2006. Hopefully, we do a major fix to one of the worst offensive lines in team history (2 years running) this offseason.
  12. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,516 Messages
    420 Likes Received
    This was a Mon or Thurs night game, wasn' it? I remember before the game there was some rumbling maybe from C Mortenson that Bledsoe was on a shot leash and that Romo would be coming in to relieve him if Bledsoe failed...this was all supposedly from Parcells. It was the 1st time that word started to leak out that Romo could actually replace Bledsoe. Yes he threw 3int's that night but I think we all saw the talent and mojo that Romo brought to the team.

Looking back, Romo should have been starting at least 2 years earlier and he would have done no worse than Quincy. Testaverde, Bledsoe etc etc.

All hail Romo...
  13. windward

windward NFL Historian

16,356 Messages
    1,713 Likes Received
    It was one of the more exciting losses in recent memory. It was like a huge dawning on all of us that this Romo guy could be pretty special after all.
  14. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    But the next week was even better. In his first actual START Romo and the Cowboys defeated Carolina on prime time tv. Cant remember if it was S N F or M N F,....But I do remember that Romo LOOKED GREAT!
  15. windward

windward NFL Historian

16,356 Messages
    1,713 Likes Received
    One of the few times this board has been so united. The other time was after we beat NO in 2009.
  16. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

6,845 Messages
    2,664 Likes Received
    Romo made that same bad OLinemen pro bowlers the next year.
  17. Gemini Dolly

7,108 Messages
    1,080 Likes Received
    I wasnt on this board back when Quincy and Hutch or other others before Romo, but did they get the same benefit too?

if Quincy had better team around him/better Oline..... Did he ever get those discussions?
  18. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

16,959 Messages
    3,305 Likes Received
    What benefit?
  19. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

2,725 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Neither Q nor Hutch... Or Bledsoe for that matter got those discussions, but none of them made amazing plays like Romo did once he began to start.

Watch this video for many many many prime examples of why Romo is worth those discussions.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=254774
  20. Gemini Dolly

7,108 Messages
    1,080 Likes Received
    Poor choice of word.
    change benefit to excuse.