1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo's interceptions

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by D1G, Oct 21, 2013.

1. D1G

D1G Active Member

103 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Why is it everytime Romo throws an interception, its someone elses fault?
    lostar2009 likes this.
  2. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    1,412 Likes Received
    It's not always someone else's fault but Tanner admitted he did the wrong thing by bringing his man into the play
  3. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,072 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    ^^ Correct. He has thrown plenty that have been his fault. The two yesterday, however, were not.
  4. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,023 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    Because it often is. The two INTs yesterday were flat out not his fault. He throws a perfect deep pass that goes through both Dez's hands and the other, the back ran the wrong route and brought a defender into the throw. That's not to say INTs are never his fault because some of them certainly are. He's also incredibly unlucky when it comes to getting screwed over by his own teammate that results in an INT.
  5. D1G

D1G Active Member

103 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    The one against giants was t williams fault, against denver someone stepped on his foot, tanner yesterday.
  6. SDCowboy85

15,023 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    It's become time for INTs to be able to go to other players than the QB. When a perfectly thrown ball goes through your receivers hands, or bounces off of them, etc., that INT should be awarded to the receiver, not the QB.
  7. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,072 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    I don't really think it matters; it's just for stats. But people who pay attention know what is happening.
  8. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,259 Messages
    948 Likes Received
    Jamie dukes is that you
    djmajestik and UDcowboysfan like this.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,255 Likes Received
    It's worth pointing out that Tony's not the only QB whose receivers sometimes let him down. He's a good player, though, and he's taking better care of the ball.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  10. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,633 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I'm no Romo apologist but one int. was a hail mary and the other was the running back running the wrong route. Romo should have seen it but the truth is he expected everyone to be where they were supposed to be.
  11. SDCowboy85

15,023 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    Most people don't watch most games though. Stats are pretty much what we have to reference after the game. If the receiving target causes the INT, the INT should be on his stat sheet. Not the QB's.
    65fastback2plus2, Nav22 and nake like this.
  12. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    In all seriousness, Romo's interception against the Broncos is the only one that has been his fault this year. He's played some fantastic football.
  13. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,267 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    The one near the sidelines? That was far from perfect.

Even if Dez hung onto that ball he landed out of bounds.
  14. SDCowboy85

15,023 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    uhh....Dude, we're talking about the two INT throws...Did you even read my post you quoted or anything in this thread? lol
    djmajestik likes this.
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    Because the Tanner was not where he should have been. In the end it is Romo int and will take heat by his critics for it but does not change the fact he knows where his targets need to be and if they are not then as QB and captain he is going to let them know. He also gave Tanner some credit for his play after that int.
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,236 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    Correct. If you watch and know games then you know which players to blame on bad plays and congratulate on good plays. There are plenty of instances and Romo as these as well where a QB makes a poor decision or throws a poor pass and it should easily be intercepted, but it isn't. The defender drops it or something.

As for stats, does QBR take into the entire play or just the result of an interception?
  17. SoCalCowboyFan

SoCalCowboyFan Member

90 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    He's taking about the deep hail Mary throw to end the half
  18. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,267 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    This exchange never happened

*goes back and deletes previous post*
  19. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    So you think the QB should be blamed when receivers running the wrong routes leads to an INT?
    djmajestik likes this.
  20. D1G

D1G Active Member

103 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I guess the part that bothers me is The need for Garrett or someone else to justify his interceptions.