1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Romo's Last 8 Starts

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Teague31, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,553 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    The Dallas Cowboys are now 1-7 in Tony Romo's last eight starts.

wow. craziest stat of the day.
  2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

22,703 Messages
    2,035 Likes Received
    I heard that stat today also. I was shocked because I've associate Romo with winning, last night notwithstanding.
  3. The Panch

The Panch New Member

4,184 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didnt even realize how much apart of the losing he was last year. Stats were still decent, but last night proves that doesnt mean much.
  4. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

3,088 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    yes, this proves that Football is a team sport.:bang2:
  5. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,279 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    Outside of wade who else is to blame? Give ya one guess his first and last name both are 4 letters long
  6. JPostSam

JPostSam Well-Known Member

1,084 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    stats are interesting... but sometimes they're just weird.

here are a few more stats to consider from that 8-game period:

in those games, romo is 171-of-249 (68.7%) for 1,947 yards, 13 TDs and 8 INTs, more than a 95% passer rating. other than a slightly high INT ratio, that's outstanding.

another thing that is being overlooked is that, as bad as romo's turnovers were against the jets, they led to just 3 points. the difference maker in the jets game was the 7-point gift that was the blocked punt.
  7. JPostSam

1,084 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    another tidbit:

troy aikman went 14-24 before the 1992 season, when a 13-3 showing left his winning percentage at .500.

also, aikman's career interception percentage is the same as romo's. but romo's touchdown percentage is 70% higher.
  8. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

4,019 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    oops.... shhhh! That game is 100% his fault but he is NOT a bad qb.
  9. dooomsday

dooomsday Member

886 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL. Aikman was 12. Romo is close to 40.

Great, maybe next year we'll go 13-3 and get some of this back. Romo is just one year away....in season 9.
  10. dooomsday

dooomsday Member

886 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice spin. Romo gave the game away. The punt only came into play after the fumble. If we score the game is NOT tied after the block. Duh.
  11. JPostSam

1,084 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    sanchez also fumbled and threw an interception. why isn't the entire sports media world talking about how the jets will never win a super bowl with him at quarterback?

oh, right: because the jets' punt block unit scored a touchdown to win the game.
  12. Parche

Parche Member

898 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Nice said.

And another thing, of the last 8 games, with 1-7 record with Romo starting, how many games were lost cause of Romo? I mean, cause of Romo┬┤s mistakes?

As far as I remember, most of last years losses were all by a small margin, how many of those games we were close cause of Romo? How many did we lose cause of him?
  13. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

15,484 Messages
    2,685 Likes Received
    The more I ponder the 1-7 stat, the more I believe the trend has to change. Romo is simply too good a quarterback for it not to change.