1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo's public perception level is entering Delhomme levels

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,892 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    That might be a slight exaggeration but it is getting close. Now keep in mind that is not to say that he plays on the same level or that the media hypes him as being on that level. Neither is true. What is true is that the average non die hard NFL fan believes Romo is that atrocious, many of you are in the Dallas area so it is much different then here in NY but I believe public perception is better indicated by non home states.

What does this mean for the Cowboys? Not much, more Romo mockery probably. It also means Romo, after this season, barring an amazing run next year, will be judged extremely negatively by history.
  2. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,440 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    He needs to take care of the ball in critical games , but that won't happen unless the all around game Improves so that he doesn't need to too much to win the game.
    Sigh!
  3. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Romo just "wants to be real" and "winning football isn't the most important thing in life."
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    That most important thing in life quote in 08 so many love to bag on was in regards to his dealing with his father having prostate cancer at the time.

It never was about the game. There is less than zero percent chance his commitment is or has been anything but the most important thing.

It's sad how people hate and I do mean hate such a great player and person.

After what has happened recently, there is a part of me that wishes romo and witten would go to another organization and win just to stick it to these people and to the jones family for the mess they have created.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,198 Likes Received
    Fairly or not, the guy is seen as a joke by 95% of the league's fans.
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    When perception affects the outcome of games, I'll give a damn.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    Hard to imagine how idiotic some of our fans can be. It's mind boggling.

I said this before ...there are no exceptions...ALL successful QBs to ever play the game would agree with Romo on that topic. If losing a single football game was the worst thing to happen to any of them, then they would be the luckiest person to ever live. No dying family members, or killing someone while driving drunk, or having a child with cancer...just losing a freakin football game. How sweet would that be.
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received

In the context that he made that comment was in a playoff loss that was directly his fault. About as good a decision as going to vacation in a bye week before a game...which he lost.

I mean I wanted to like him....after this year it's painfully obvious something is wrong...like he chokes in all important games for one thing....worse than Danny White.
  9. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,181 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Romo is the reason we were 8-8. Romo is also the reason we were 8-8. Thats Romo.
  10. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,350 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    The farther away the Red Headed Idiot stays from offensive play calling the better Romo will be.
  11. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,580 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    He doesnt help himself. With The crap he pulled in Washington he deserves everything that comes to him.
  12. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received

............ its not fair to blame ALL 8 losses on Romo.
  13. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,158 Messages
    844 Likes Received
    95% of our fan base is a joke.
  14. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Amen to that.
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    You know what's funny about that,

The preseason started off with a free rusher up the middle against Oakland, romo was thrown to the ground and witten got a lacerated spleen.

The regular season started with the second play of the year having Bernard come free up the middle and sack romo.

The season ended on a play where a free rusher came up the middle and hit romo.

Pretty sure that's the problem.

kind of like in Philly, on a third and long a free rusher came up the middle romo dodged two sacks and completed a 25 yd pass to Austin for a first down, two plays later he hits Dez for a Td. Had he taken the sack the season would have been over at Philly in November.

I maybe crazy, but maybe the problem isn't the guy people like u complain about 24/7.
  16. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    No it was after the loss at Philly in 08.

Not a playoff game.
  17. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,545 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    very well said...
  18. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,432 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Why do people constantly say, "Romo's the only reason were 8-8" like 8-8 is so great. And why are people so scared of starting over. It's weird to me. Like rebuilding has to start with the qb. One reason the 9ers might get to six in a couple weeks is because they had good drafts at other positions then got a qb. Get rid of him already, sure we might suck, and there might not be a qb in this draft, but they might be able to fill other holes. It won't happen though. And theyll be 8-8 next year.
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,198 Likes Received
    It's b/c of this weird line of thinking that has crept into a lot of the Romo supporter's heads that the Quincy Carter/Chad Hutchinson days are right around the corner as soon as Romo leaves. I'm not sure why they believe this is inevitable, as if there isn't an alternative to that...especially these days where there are several capable QBs being drafted every year. I think it's that and the fact that the 5-11 years scared the living day lights out of a lot of fans so 8-8 has become acceptable.
  20. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,432 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    5-11 8-8, same thing to me.. Still no playoffs. I don't see the difference.