1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo's public perception level is entering Delhomme levels

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    You're going to have to do better than that, give me a break. You asked someone to name somebody and they gave you a perfectly legit name. Make your case why Romo is a worse "choker" or shut it. And here's another one: McNabb.
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,505 Messages
    409 Likes Received

Make a case? You are the one comparing Romo to McNabb.
  3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    McNabb played in 16 playoff games where he was 9-7 and played in a SB. He also beat the Packers with the Freddie Mitchell throw...4th and 26. Not exactly a choker. Not a great guy and the best QB but I wouldn't call him a choker...just like I don't think Ryan, with his team record, etc is exactly one...Again, Romo fan, just being fair and balanced here. So that would put him below McNabb.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,994 Messages
    7,737 Likes Received
    People are probably calling him a choker because of that time he choked on his own vomit with the Superbowl on the line, and then his team lost.
  5. DrKennethNoisewater

DrKennethNoisewater Member

106 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Ryan has been to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years in his career...Romo, 3 out of 7.

People can point at choking in the playoffs, but getting there is the most important thing.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,994 Messages
    7,737 Likes Received
    Also, neither Tony Romo, nor Matt Ryan, are actually football teams.
  7. HoustonFrog

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Now that is funny. Out of shape and pudgy..yes..not sure if true choker..excluding vomit..though..lol.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,558 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    Half right anyway.

We all know that any Cowboy loss is a Romo loss. It just doesn't apply to anyone else.
  9. Super_Kazuya

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    LOL, you are so all over the place, but you opened up a bit so I can get a handle on your weird definition of choking. So it's a combination of team record, opportunities, and performance in the playoffs. Anything else I'm missing. You could just make this easier by defining "choker". Doesn't have to be dictionary perfect. But you won't, because if you do, you know that I will break it and find plenty of worse chokers. That's your challenge... can you customize the definition enough for Romo?
  10. Super_Kazuya

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Is that your way of saying "I've got nothing?"
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,558 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    just a side note
    I think it's SilverStar that's saying TR is the worst in history.
    I'm pretty sure Frog isn't in that brain dead camp.
  12. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,398 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Look, in mah line of work, if I do 99 things right and 1 thing wrong, I get callt on the red carpet and tolt to do better.
    That 1 thing will stand out and at the end of the year, I don't get no trophy for best head-injury employee.

Same with Romo. He does a lot of thangs right. But for some reason, he will do that 10% wrong in the worst possible places and the worst possible times.

That is not an inditement on Romo, it has just worked out that he saves the worst for the most critical times.

And that has been his song and will be his legacy. Brilliant stats, big-time choker. He didn't make this world, the world made him (whatever that mean) but he has to live with the fact that he has stomped on Dallas Cowboy fans hearts all these years, but first he tantalizes them.

Meanwhile, this team gets older and one day he will waltz out the door with millions to play soccor or golf and think of us as suckers. And we have been.

I'd rather see a rookie learning the ropes now than a veteran with good stats leaving us at the altar of football. Leaving us crying. Like I was left after the Redskins games and like i feel like doing right now it is so frustrating to have him as QB and an 8-8 season that will give us a medioker pick in the draft.

bottom line, Romo make us a medioker team.
  13. Super_Kazuya

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    You're right... all the Romo haters got my head spinning. Frog, my apologies. The point stands for all of the weird Romo haters though.
  14. DrKennethNoisewater

DrKennethNoisewater Member

106 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You don't have to be a weird Romo hater to be critical of him.
  15. HoustonFrog

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Right DFWJC. I'm not sitting here ripping Romo all the time. I think he has issues but have already laid out my thesis on how he is a really good QB, especially behind our line..but that he has some issues in games. I try and be fair about it all. I just mentioned McNabb because the guy wasn't ever...in my book,,,considered a choker. Maybe out of shape and a malcontent but not a choker.

No issues

Though, I really can't fault people at times for being so harsh. We are kind of in a weird limbo as a team and everyone has a culprit. I just put mine more on coaching than QB. I think Romo can be effective if coached right and not made to carry the team.
  16. SilverStarCowboy

7,505 Messages
    409 Likes Received

No need in the personal insults.

And Yes, standing by Tony Romo is worst choker in NFL History comments.

When it counts.
  17. Super_Kazuya

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Ok, that's something. So define "when it counts". Playoffs?
  18. SilverStarCowboy

7,505 Messages
    409 Likes Received

When people are wrong they tend to start throwing a wall-eyed fit:banghead:, insults are included.

"When it counts" is when it matters the most Supa...though you know full well.

It's nothing personal against Romo. If that helps.
  19. Super_Kazuya

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    But when does it matter the most? Don't be afraid to define it... it's not an attack, I truly want to know. I'm assuming we can start with playoffs, yes?
  20. SilverStarCowboy

7,505 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Afraid, afraid of what? Public perception?

Start where ever you want, it all ends up where we are.