1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo's public perception level is entering Delhomme levels

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,636 Messages
    4,507 Likes Received
    I'm a big Romo supporter, but he pretty much blew that game in WAS for us at the end of the season. That's not unusual for a really good QB to cough up a hairball now and then, but I'm not sure there's any way around the fact that he did, in the worst possible situation: a season ended game 17 for all the marbles.
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,364 Messages
    376 Likes Received

It's always for all the marbles when Romo loses his marbles. Game 17 vs the Eagles, game 1 of the Playoffs vs Seattle the game vs New York Giants on and on....even this year vs Washington, thus the list of self destruction continues to grow.

One thing consistent with Tony Romo throughout his entire NFL career is his horrible results in the clutch and in the most important games of his life.
  3. Idgit

28,636 Messages
    4,507 Likes Received
    Yeah, this is pretty much all fantasy from somebody who didn't watch those other games very closely.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,605 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Romo is Romo. That's all he'll ever be.

He's not a Super Bowl caliber QB. He's not one who can be relied on to put the team on his shoulders at the most critical times.

The more critical the moment, the more Romo's going to falter.

I was a staunch Romo supporter ... to the moment he threw that INT in Washington.

Then it all hit me like a ton of bricks. Romo doesn't have what it takes.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

7,364 Messages
    376 Likes Received

I watched three interceptions by Tony ROmo in the most important game of the year the other day.

If you add up his turnovers in the most important NFL games of his life, it's just astounding that anyone would try to justify the ineptness he has created with bonehead game changing mishaps, throughout his fabled career.

Same with Jerry Jones, how anyone can justify his credibility is without sanity.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,230 Messages
    1,820 Likes Received
    I can think of just as many were he came up big, but you guys only recall the failures. The fact that you included that game back in the Jurrassic Period vs Seattle as a game where he choked as a QB tells me all I need to know.
    Even just last year in the do-or-die vs New York--we lost and were outclassed..had no chance really-- but he actually played well. What about the end of season win vs Philly? Or the playoff win vs Philly?
    He deserves to take heat, but I just think people only choose to remember the bad stuff.

As for getting fooled during the blitz on that terrible pick vs Washington. That exact result , sadly, would have happened in week 3 just as it happened then. It had ZERO to do with the what game it was. It was just a bad decision where he got blitzed and instead of trying to throw it out of bounds, he thought he had his outlet to Murray in place...but he got fooled.
    His flaw is he tries to do to much...almost the oppostie of choking, btw. He loves those situations and looked very confident in that drive and the preceeding TD drive.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

7,364 Messages
    376 Likes Received

No, people remember because the most important games he choked in, ended hope for the Season, year after year.

Though I think they were both good QBs and fantastic Pros that should always be loved/cherished as people, Tony Romo is Choke Artist and he always will be, just like Danny White.
  8. DFWJC

22,230 Messages
    1,820 Likes Received
    Is it safe to say you never played the position?
    I have to think this is the case.
    It's usually how it works with the really harsh fans.
    I'm certain that ufc didn't...no doubt in my mind on that one.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    It's fun to read this stuff and then try to understand how reality is forgotten.

Against the giants in 07 he never had a turnover.

In fact on the second to last play of the game he made what should have been an incredible game winning Td in the same spot that staubach hit tony bill in 1979.

Only it wasn't a Td, know why?

Because Patrick crayton for no reason, and to this day he has no answer for this mistake, stopped running his route after misreading the defense.

Romo read it correctly and threw the ball to a perfect spot, crayton wasn't there because he gave up on the play. We lost. We should not have. The fans and the media never ever talk about this play but love to point out the final desperation throw on 4th down. Sad.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ti-HFw32xcU
    [youtube]ti-HFw32xcU[/youtube]

As far as the Seattle game goes, that is the toughest atmosphere in the league and he led his team right down the field trailing in the 4th qtr of his first playoff game.

The odd overturning of witten's first down was a bummer.

He made the mistake on the hold, they then changed the rule on the kicking balls.
    [youtube]3sbHrOCe1gc[/youtube]
  10. DFWJC

22,230 Messages
    1,820 Likes Received
    I can't believe how easily people forget that Giants game and play.
    That WAS a perfect throw for the win. No Giants SB parade and quite possibly a SB appearance by Dallas...up in smoke. Somehow, Romo gets the blame.
    It's baffling.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    [youtube]rZw_8r1vuIc[/youtube]

There is the other play tat has driven me crazy for years.

The giants blitzed and gambled putting safety RW mcquarters on Austin and miles ran right past him for an easy 60 yd Td, but columbo and barber couldn't get there blocks.
  12. Daillest88

Daillest88 Member

83 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    That's true but on the other hand theres about 23 teams out there who would crap themselves if the opportunity to grab him.
  13. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

629 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Romo needs to do more and it does not require carrying the tea on his back. Play within yourself and stop hurting the team with the turnovers. I would rather see Romo come up short than to see the guy throw multiple ints forcing the ball.
  14. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Thats just who Romo is. At 33 (in April) he's not going to change. Sometimes I wonder if Romo had a coach that would have kept him on a leash and held him accountable, instead of just pat him on the back when he makes those same mistakes, would things be different?

Romo is Romo. Hes going to win you games, hes going to lose you games. 8-8. Thats our Romo.
  15. Idgit

28,636 Messages
    4,507 Likes Received
    It's not at all true, and it's an incredibly silly thing to say. And, yes, there are more than 23 teams who would be all over a FA Tony Romo.
  16. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Delhomme turned into a joke once he got old but his 2003 playoff run was still incredible. 6 TDs, 1 INT and took the dynasty Pats to the limit in the Super Bowl. If only Romo could have just ONE run like that...
  17. Avenger

Avenger Member

214 Messages
    18 Likes Received

Yeah.

Garrett called all three of Romo's intererceptions against Washington.

Amazing.
  18. Avenger

Avenger Member

214 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    People keep saying that, but I haven't heard about ONE of those 23 teams calling and offering up anything... to make their "Romo" dream come true.

Why would any team want a QB who can't win the big one?

Why?
  19. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

919 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    ehh prob closer to 18-19 teams but yea
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,991 Messages
    1,337 Likes Received
    :star: