1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo's public perception level is entering Delhomme levels

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 25, 2013.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

27,066 Messages
    2,064 Likes Received
    What I did not like about that play was that as soon as the rusher came running, Romo saw it and made the right read, however, he "lobbed" the ball rather than burning it in to the receiver. I really think that if Romo would have delivered a "fast ball" it does not get intercepted.
  2. 5Stars

27,066 Messages
    2,064 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:

Oh. snap!
  3. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,984 Messages
    1,665 Likes Received
    I am at a complete loss for words when I read stuff like this. Are you serious? Buffalo, KC, Cleveland, Miami, Philly, Minnesota, Oakland would jump in a second and I bet Houston and Chicago and San Diego would bite too.

I:m so glad that you and Dolly have the future of Romo laid out at your feet. Please -- head to Vegas and bet the house against him. Its a lock -- right?
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

25,725 Messages
    3,536 Likes Received
    Do you think those teams are calling the GB, NE, Atl, NO, NYG, Den, Det, and few others either?
    Of course not, teams don't trade away their best (or close to best) players--especially if they are QBs.
  5. 5Stars

27,066 Messages
    2,064 Likes Received
    I think you can trade QB's in Madden, I think. I never played that child's game.
  6. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    1,203 Likes Received
    Did he misread the defense or just brainfart? He had beaten his man, no safety over the top.....why would he slow down and lose the separation? This was a Lettian **** up, with consequence. Re-occurring nightmare like nobody actually diving at Montana rather than 3 guys holding their arms up.
  7. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,076 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Good Point!
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    It's what he says about the play when asked.

His hesitation was him about to run the out then shuffled and kept going.

He said once he misread the safety.
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,745 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    Thank you for being honest. I wish other Romo supporters could be honest with themselves as well but they are so obsessed with the guy they can't even admit he gift wrapped the Washington game. How anyone can defend his play in that game is beyond me. They only focus on his last INT, they forget the other 2 INT'S.

I know you are a big Romo fan but you are not a blind one.
  10. rangers71

rangers71 Member

922 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Please football let Romo go to another team and win multiple Super Bowls.
  11. ufcrules1

7,745 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    He would need to go back in time and play for the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens to win Superbowls. The dude can't even be counted on against a 30th ranked passing defense. It was Romo's fault we lost that game. But yeah, I agree with you.. he NEEDS to go to a different team and take his choking in big games with him.
  12. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,892 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    Why dont those "23+ teams that would just die to have him" come knocking on our door?:confused: Take him away. Free of us Romo.
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,953 Messages
    2,850 Likes Received
    Then it is not fair to award him credit for all eight either.

But so many here do.
  14. TwoDeep3

6,953 Messages
    2,850 Likes Received
    There is an underlying meaning to this comment.

Please football, let Romo go to another team and win multiple Super Bowls, so all the hope I put in him will be validated and I will be right.

Romo can be brilliant.

He also can be the one reason the team loses.

I am a Romo fan, but I refuse to allow myself to be a fan over using logic to grade out this player.

Great stats, except the ones that matter. Winning.

Great understanding of the game, until he is in crunch time in a REAL win or go home game and he forces things.

Great leader - finally.

But like all quarterbacks, he needs a team around him.

Yet in that statement he is not absolved of his boneheaded plays, his trying too hard, or his major gaffes that cause the team to lose.

So much of Romo's lack of play-off success falls on the GM who builds a faulty team.

Some rests on players around him not executing.

The rest fall on the shoulders of Romo himself.

He is what he is, and unless Jerry grows a brain soon, he will go into the history of this league as an over-achiever that didn't have the personal talent to lift a team to victory when it was most dire to win.

Fair or not, he will carry his losses himself.
  15. ufcrules1

7,745 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    It wouldn't matter anyway.. Jerry is too dumb to trade him.

Wow... I just looked at your sig... QBR of less than 20? Mind blowing!
  16. rangers71

rangers71 Member

922 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    To lay all blame on Romo is just flat out stupid and shows how really ignorant people really are. Sure he played bad against the Skins but you know what so did other people. If Ware who never gets any grief didn't play the read option all damn night like a 7th grade b team player maybe we win. If the defense doesn't give up 400 yards without the skins having to throw a single ball down the field then maybe we win. If our kicker makes a field goal against the Ravens we have another win on the ledger. If we don't fumble at the one against the Saints we get another win there. Until football is played like golf you can blame it all on one guy but you can't because it's a team game. But hey if simple minded people want to blame it all on the qb then knock yourself out it just shows how ignorant you are about the sport.
  17. TwoDeep3

6,953 Messages
    2,850 Likes Received
    To try and blunt Romo's mistakes by using Pee Wee Herman's I know you are but what am I is ridiculous.

Of course others played bad.

But so did Romo. Why is it so difficult to say that about him?
  18. rangers71

rangers71 Member

922 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Maybe you need to go back to school and retake a reading comprehension class.
  19. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,301 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Great post! Thank You:bravo:
  20. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

1,345 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Here is a podcast about Parcells and he speaks about the qb position fast forward to 5:50 if you wish to get to the point.

A few points of this interview that jump out at me..

Pay attention to what is said at the 7:10 mark.Do you need an elite qb to win a super bowl? A few traits that Parcells list in good qbs execution,passing game, not a lot of mistakes.

Parcells also hit the hammer on the nail at the 7:50 ...

There is a reason why this team is failing to make the playoffs or why this team is always in do or die games at the end of the season.