1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo's public perception level is entering Delhomme levels

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 25, 2013.

1. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I am sitting here right now building a top 10 plays/moments of the season video and its just ridiculous how good romo is.

On almost every good play he makes, someone else failed at there job blocking and he hides the mistake.

He makes mistakes also. No doubt, I have a major problem with that final int against washington, just like everyone else. My biggest problem was it happened on first down....if he takes the sack I have no doubt he gets a first down and keeps going, but jackson just made a great play and got the pick. tip your hat to the skins for making the play.

Scanning through the first skins game last night I think I saw the same alignment on defense as that final play against washington and in that game the back stayed in and picked up the blitzer.....still not sure why murray didnt stay in on that play.

anyway. there are no perfect players.
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,139 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    Ah yea, the other 2 boneheaded INT's IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON didn't matter much.. just that last one. Romo is a middle of the road QB in the NFL and nothing more. When the pressure is high, he chokes.
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I understood the other two. Its an aggressive offense and we take chances.

the last one I wish he would have just taken the sack and got back to the line on 2nd and 20 or whatever it would have been.

Spare me the choking bit, its just a lazy fan troll comment.

7 days before against new orleans romo drove the team

64 yards in 7 plays in 1:14 with no timeouts and hit austin to tie the game on 4th down.

so spare me the trolling.
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    another gem I just watched that I forgot about.

4th and 4, 4th qtr vs washington down 35-21.

Mack making his first start at center ever snaps the ball to romo, only he didnt really hike it as much as he rolled it.

Yes, he rolled it to romo in the shotgun. Romo picked it up and under pressure throws a strike that could have knocked the wings off a mosquito to Dez for a TD.

nothing like having the ball rolled to you in the shotgun against a pressure defense.
  5. weaver21

weaver21 Active Member

667 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Then what do you suggest we do? Release him? Trade him? You honestly think a rookie quarterback is gonna come in and do a better job than Romo with this offensive line? You can't bring in a game manager unless you have talent around him. Do we have talent at the skill positions? Sure, but are offensive line is atrocious and we need someone like Romo, who is a playmaker, to succeed behind an offensive line like that.

I understand you don't like Romo that much, but he's the best option we have right now. That's a fact. Get him an offensive line and he will lead us deep into the playoffs.
  6. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,389 Messages
    963 Likes Received
    Absolutely right. We are going to ride that horse for the next three years no matter what so everybody might as well climb aboard.

I'm much more concerned about the defense and overall management style that I am Tony Romo.
  7. ufcrules1

7,139 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    I've been asked this question a million times on here. We should TRADE HIM while he still has value to a team like KC, OAK, NYJ, Jax, Buffalo, etc. We could use the #1 pick we get to help beef our line(s) up/add a top notch safety. We roll with Orton for a year and then look for another QB in 2014.

I know we would pretty much have a bad year with Orton but that would help us get a top 5 pick in the 2014 draft. It's better than ANOTHER 8-8 season and getting the 18th round pick in the draft.

It's not like some great QB's haven't come out of the last 2-3 years of the draft. Russell Wilson, RG3, Andrew Luck, Colin Kaepernick, etc. Would those guys do better than Romo behind our oline? Yes.

The problem is, we will keep Romo long enough for it to really hurt us and we will get nothing for him when we could have had a #1 draft pick for him. This is typical of the Cowboys organization and is part of the reason we are stuck in mediocrity right now.

The oline blocked fine for most of the game against Washington and Romo choked...did he not? What makes you think he would lead us deep into the playoffs? Even if we had a good Oline.. eventually good teams will still get pressure on your QB.. and then what? Will Romo learn how to take a sack when necessary? Will he learn how to throw the ball away? Will he learn not to throw off his back foot? Will he make the right read? So far the answer to all of those questions is a big fat NO. 7 Years in the league and he still makes the exact same mistakes every single year. Time to move on from him... but we won't.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,020 Messages
    5,048 Likes Received
    Please. A year Orton and anything less than 8-8 Jerry would be getting slaughtered even more than he is now. Season ticket sales would drop immediately. Merchandise sales would go down. We wouldn't be on TV as much. Worst of all, you better hope you hit on that rookie QB or you will be screwed for many many years.
  9. ufcrules1

7,139 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    So we stick Romo and get another 8-8 or less season but hope for something different again? Sounds like insanity to me. Or, well, more of the same ole same ole.
  10. HomerSimpson31

HomerSimpson31 Member

129 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Our offensive line is the reason Romo messes up so much. The funny thing is,Vick does the same thing and the media and fans love the guy when he's not even close to being the QB Romo is.
    You can't win games when the line is always collapsing on you and you're running for your life and make a bad throw,just like Manning did in the playoffs this year. Not to mention every time we make a big play the OLine is called for holding or a false start on the next snap putting us farther back.
    The other obvious issue is the running game is so inconsistant and can never stay healthy. Romo gets too much blame and it's ridiculous.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Romo said this past training camp that he sees himself starting more games going forward than he has to date.

Thankfully, he is not going anywhere.

It would be cool if we could get some smart lineman who could pick up stunts and blitzes while also creating a running game.

A running game here would make a world of difference, sadly the front office and head coach have no idea how to build an offensive line or create a running game.

As soon as the old guard on the offensive line left, this front office has struck out for the most part replacing gurode, kosier and columbo.

I am terrified of these people chasing a quarterback when they can not identify talent to play guard.
  12. ufcrules1

7,139 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    Did you watch the Washington game?
  13. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,805 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    Did you watch any game *besides* the Washington game? Your act is tired.
  14. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    It's a waste of time.

He asks someone if hey watched the Washington game when in fact the final int was the result of a free rusher coming right up the middle no one picked up forcing him to throw it immediately off his Backfoot.

Yet he says did you watch the Washington game.
  15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I'm a Romo fan but at the same time acknowledge his issues. The Redskin thing will come up because there is pressure every play..even with teams with good O-lines. That isn't an excuse to make a mental mistake and make that throw. Again, I'm under the impression that Romo does good work, especially behind our line, but throws like that is what has killed him/us year after year. Even if its only a few times a year. It comes with liking him...you get his good and bad. I don't begrudge people for hanging onto the bad because we all have opinions how to get out of this 8-8 mediocrity we are constantly in.
  16. ufcrules1

7,139 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    So a good Oline will never let a rush get through right? Go back and read what you typed. Romo wasn't "forced" to do anything. He MADE the DUMB decision to do what he did. It was 1st down. He could have easily taken a sack or thrown the ball away. Instead he blindly throws the ball to Murray. Romo doesn't think.. that is his problem. He can't be trusted.

For the MAJORITY of the Redskins game.. Romo had plenty of time to throw the ball and he still threw 3 INT's that were all 100% his fault. Biggest game of the season and a chance to win the division and make the playoffs and he sinks his whole team. Yeah, that guy is going to lead us to the superbowl.
  17. ufcrules1

7,139 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    You mean like the Chicago & NYG game? It's no act... I genuinely believe Romo is a choker. He hasn't shown me otherwise.
  18. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,805 Messages
    928 Likes Received

Did he play well in any game this year? In his career? Even going back to Eastern Illinois maybe?
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,189 Messages
    2,238 Likes Received
    The ignore button is your friend, SK.
    This guy is one of the few that is very worthy of being on that list.

He falls squarely in the group that multiplies Romo's miscues by 10 and divides his successes by the same.
    No perspective whatsoever.
    It's his right to think that way, but it's your right to ignore it.
  20. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

725 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    This is a serious question: Has Romo won anything in the collegiate or highschool level prior to the NFL? I know he went to Eastern Illinois but did he lead his team to a championship or anything while there?