1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo's win % when he has a 100 plus ratings vs other QB´s

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Coy, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    I´ve always been a big fan of Tony Romo and although at the moment I am certainly NOT, I saw this stat from Babe Laufenberg and it says a lot about the teams Romo has been playing for in the last 6 years.

Games with a 100-plus rating:

Romo 37-11
    Cutler 25-1
    Ryan 32-1
    Brady 79-5.

I am certainly not saying Romo is Brady but this stat shows Romo can play great, but he loses because he has a bad team around him and that almost never happens with other QB´s around the league.

I would like to see what Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Eli, Brees etc. records are when they post a 100 plus rating but my guess is their more closer to Cutler, Ryan and Brady than to Romo.

Saying this Romo does need to play much better in BIG games, he has the choker label and it´s up to him to change that.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    queue up the "but romo SHOULD make the team better" crowd.

as if he can play D.
  3. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,879 Messages
    994 Likes Received
    Well, I have gone to bat for Romo but to play devil's advocate I would also need to see how bad quarterbacks do with their occasional 100 rating. If bad quarterbacks also have lower percentages, it could just mean Romo is more like the bad group than the good and costs the team in other ways not measured by rating (fumbles, play calling, etc.)

100 is a bit arbitrary as well, as 90 is certainly a good game and would likely lower some of these percentages...
  4. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,011 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    And, unfortunately, I think Jerry is FINALLY figuring this out - yet, like everything else he does, he's always 3-4 years behind. Romo has been consistent - good enough to win with, but NOT good enough to carry his team ALONE. I know it is just my opinion, but, imagine if he would've spent the last 7 years playing QB with the Steelers D backing him up..................
  5. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    Or with Baltimore for that matter, I was reading that Flacco is the first QB to take his team and at least win one game in each of his first 5 seasons as a QB.
    I do know this, Romo is better than Flacco, Sometimes it´s the luck of the draw and in this case Flacco got a much better draw than Romo.
  6. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    And it's pathetic that a mediocre QB like Flacco will get praised for being a "seasoned playoff performer". Put Romo on that team and I bet they have another Superbowl ring.
  7. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

705 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    And yet Romo's trophy case is still as empty as the Eagles organization.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,463 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    No doubt.

Mark Sanchez immediately comes to mind.
    Rewind the clock a couple of years and the same haters now were using Sanchez as an example of the "winner" Tony suppossedly is not.:cool:
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,532 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    This is absolutely shocking.
  10. DFWJC

23,463 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Ryan and Cutler too.
  11. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,912 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received
    What is the record for those QB vs Romo when they are playing bad? That could also tell you something about the team they are playing with.
  12. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...he is a better drop kicker than Doug Flutie.

That's worth a few points to the cause right there.

"Don't Fear the Kicker!" As sung to the words of "Don't Fear the Reaper".

Special introduction by Hostile. BTW I saw a video of you fronting a band. Do you take requests? Eat Tacos?
  13. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    Heh, I'll get to do it again this Friday at curtain club. Only 1 song but its fun!
  14. DFWJC

23,463 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Well, we know if Romo is playing bad, we always lose. That is a given. We know, for the most part, that cannot be said for most other QBs--they win at least some of those games.

We also know that if he plays insanely good, we may still lose.
    Take the the Giants game last year when had had 320+ yards, 4 TDs, 0 ints, a NFL record QB rating for a losing QB of 147.
  15. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,611 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Boring..... Romo is is godlike, we get it. He will go down as the worst top ten QB in history. Yawn.
  16. DFWJC

23,463 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    That would make him 10th then.
  17. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...Jim Kelly's, Warren Moon's, Dan Marino's, Dan Fouts, Sonny Jurgensen, George Blanda, Steve Grogan, Ron Jaworski, Fran Tarkenton, Ken Anderson, Dave Krieg, Steve Bartkowski and John Hadl.

The NFL is littered with disappointment. Romo doesn't have exclusive rights to that trophy. Neither does he have exclusive rights to outlandish and outrageous stats that point to whether he should or should not have won a championship or won a playoff game.

For those who believe Romo is not a good enough QB they clearly haven't spent time digging through the past to learn about the careers of other QBs who have fallen short of the prize.

What's so sad is that Romo still can play ball, but an epitaph has already been carved out for this guy as if he was dead already.

Is this all the Cowboys fandom can muster? Hands up in the air defeat and no way to find a spark of cheer for the team and this past year?
  18. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...sounds a bit risque.

Are you offfering a visual assault along with the sonic assault?:eek:

What's the tune you will be belting and are you taping it again?:D
  19. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,969 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Even Mark Sanchez got that praise at one time.
  20. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,879 Messages
    994 Likes Received
    Sanchez is an entirely different enigma. Unlike Flacco, who has gotten a playoff "win" in a game he tossed for 34 yards and a pick, Sanchez has basically been phenomenal in the playoffs. And yet, if he didn't have that contract would he even be in the league next year? Probably as a backup somewhere , but as bad as he's been it's a legitimate question.