1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rough Road Ahead...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CoCo, Sep 28, 2012.

1. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,541 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    after the bye...

@ Baltimore
    @ Carolina
    vs NYG
    @ Atlanta
    @ Philly

Really need to beat the Bears. It's tough to think about starting that stretch of 4 out of 5 on the road at 2-2 rather than 3-1.

I typically don't get too worked up about who's on the schedule, predicting the outcome etc in today's very unpredictable NFL. But that stretch after the bye has my attention.

The O-line has to get stabilized.
  2. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Agreed. I think it will decide in the end, whether we make the playoffs or not. The end of the year schedule is much more favorable.
  3. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,415 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    I totally agree. I think a 3-1 start is critical.
  4. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

991 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Talk about a BRUTAL stretch. Good thing Carolina is not looking like most thought they would coming into the season.

We honestly have 4 legitimate title contenders in that 5 game span. You might take Philly out of consideration, but if they clean it up they will be very tough. But, that was said all last year too so it's looking like that's just who they are.

And coming into the year, many people agreed the Bears would challenge for the NFC north title with the packers.

Very tough road. Makes this bears game even more important. We don't want to enter that stretch at 2-2.
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,941 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    Agreed, .. @ Baltimore and @ Atlanta will be brutal.

Romo may not make it out healthy.
  6. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    This. The difference between this and 2-2 with what's ahead is extremely critical. We really need to take care of our homefield this season because the road games will be tough to win. Going undefeated or losing 1 game at home minimum will may be ok to get by. Going 7-1 and 4-4 or 3-5 on the road gets you into the playoffs.
  7. mldardy

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    I doubt it. Neither team's defense is all that. Baltimore's defense hasn't been the usual Baltimore defense and Atl has never had a particularly strong physical defense.
  8. WV Cowboy

10,941 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    Are they as good as Tampa Bay's?

Did you forget about our O-line?
  9. mldardy

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Not from what I've seen. I've seen teams pass on Baltimore with ease so far.

I didn't forget about our o-line but you can say that about 80%-90% of other teams o-line and neither Baltimore or Atl has done much to exploit any of those teams o-lines. Baltimore is in the last half of the league in defense and Atlanta is ranked 13th.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,201 Likes Received
    i think bmore is fools gold. i'm not ready to count out philly. giants should be hungry after what we did to them in the opener. i don't see us winning the atl game.
  11. WV Cowboy

10,941 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    From what I've seen watching our O-line, I'm concerned for Romo every game.

I have seen Baltimore and Atlanta look good this season defensively.

I'm not making any predictions, .. I hope you are right.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    And with the 15th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Dallas Cowboys select....
  13. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

968 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    If they beat Chicago and win at least 2 of those 5 games, I think the Cowboys will be ok. Beating the Giants is key because the Cowboys need the tiebreaker.
  14. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

968 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I posted this and I said that I can see Cowboys winning this game for these reasons:

1. It's in a dome

2. The offense struggle against man coverage. (see Falcons when they played Packers 2nd half, Texans, and the Giants playoff game). The offense lookes good but all their games were against the AFC West and a lot of zone coverages were played. We will see how their offense is when they play Washington and Philly since they man up a lot.
  15. mldardy

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Baltimore, look good? They gave up over 300 yards passing to Brandon Weeden. BRANDON WEEDEN. And over 300 to Vick who has been horrible this season. I think you need to look again.

I'm not sold on Atlanta. They have never struck me as a fearful defensive unit.
  16. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,577 Messages
    1,844 Likes Received
    If we do well in this stretch then its possible this season could be a success. If we get trashed then we know what we got. This stretch will tell us what this team is all about.

No fear in playing these teams. If we are going to do anything significant we have to beat the good teams. And if we cant beat the good teams, we arent very good.
  17. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

968 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Baltimore can still bring pressure. Has a top 10 CB in Webb imo, best safety in the game when healthy and a still very good linebacking core (even w/o Suggs). Weeden did throw the ball 52 times. Any NFL QB should be able to have at least 300 yards with 50+ attempts. Funny you didn't bring up Bengals.
  18. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,231 Messages
    1,470 Likes Received

Key to that game is our secondary shutting down Julio Jones. Take him out of the equation.
  19. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,809 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Honestly, I don't want to predict how those games will go until the Bears game is over.

If they come out like they did against the Bucs and Seahawks, moseying around with their thumbs up their butts, the team doesn't stand a chance. I see a rough season ahead, if that's the case.

If we come out w/ our heads up and fight like we did in the Giants game and win, I think any one of those future games can be won as well.

After 3 games, it's too early to tell what this team is made of. We've had one amazing performance and two awful performances. Monday night is a perfect test.
  20. mldardy

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Baltimore defense has taken a step back so far. They are routinely a top 5 defense no worse than top 10. They are giving up more points and yards than they normally do. You are trying to convince me that their defense is something to be feared and nothing they've done so far shows that.

So what if Weeden have 50+ pass attempts. He probably wouldn't have thrown the ball that much if he wasn't able to see some success against their pass defense. Their defense has given up over 300 in 3 of their 4 game this season. Cleveland obviously saw that other teams have been successful passing on Baltimore to throw it that much and they have been so far.