1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Round 1 BPA?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Afigueroa22, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    With all of our FA signings would you take Trent Richardson if he was the best player available? Murray was good but he is obviously injury-prone which is one of the reasons he fell to us in round 3.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I wouold try and trade back first. Also depends on who else was there that we could pick. Richardson might be BPA but if your grade is a 90 and lets say Cox is still there and your grade is 89. Then you can justify taking Cox.
  3. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Scouts are saying Richardson is the best back prospect since AP, is Cox the best prospect since Wilfork or even Suh?
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    No, I would trade down if Richardson is on the board at 14. This is one draft now with the way the offensive line is shaping up, that if we can't/don't take DeCastro I am 100% for trading down to extract as much value out of the draft as possible.

Camp should be fun - should be a lot of training camp battles to make the team.
  5. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Yeah, that reoccurring broken ankel could be a prblem for Murray.

:rolleyes:
  6. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I am a fan of trading down also but if you look at our history of picks after the second round it's hit or miss. Besides Murray last year we usually pick up guys like Akwasi.
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I was just saying depends on how this team has him ranked.

If he is that good then he will be picked before 14.
  8. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  9. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    you know, I didnt consider Trent Richardson a prospect for us earlier in the year. But its really starting to grow on me. If we go strictly by BPA, which is what Garrett says then he has to be in play. But dont be shocked if he dosent get past the Rams. Fisher will spend high picks on a running back till he gets a good one.
  10. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Fisher Has a good one, Steven Jackson. The Rams will absolutely take Blackmon if he is available. I'm just saying because of the game becoming more about QB's, RB's will now be overlooked. Loot at Ingram, he fell farther than most scouts thought he would because of this.
  11. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Blackmon is probably going to be a Brown now.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I quess the question at that point would be, if 13 teams passed on him (11 really if you exclude the top 2) than who is to say he would be at the top of our board anyway? There would be a reason everyone was passing on him.

If we was at the top of our board and a full tier ahead of anyone else, I would:
    1) look for a team that values the same as us and try to trade...but only for great value. Or
    2) Take him.

This assume we is valued WAY ahead of anyone else on our baord at that point. If he's in the saem tier, you take the same tiered player that you need more.
  13. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,432 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    Given the short shelf life of the modern day running back and the success teams in the NFL have with mid-round, late-round, and even undrafted free agents it is probably fair to say that Richardson might not even be in our top 14 prospects
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    The Bengals would trade up, I'm sure. Could imagine adding him to that offesne? Nice
    But it looks like 3-4 for teams ahead of us (and them) already would take him.
  15. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,838 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    I'd take him
  16. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received

I bet he is, Felix's contract is almost up.