1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Round 1 of the 2011 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Oct 26, 2010.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Mark Ingram*, RB, Alabama - Scouting Report
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 215.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.44.
    Projected Round (2011): Top 15 Pick.
    10/1/10: Ingram recovered from a knee injury missing his first two games, but he has dominated and returned to Heisman form. He is averaging 9.3 yards per carry on 308 yards total in his last two games against Duke and Arkansas. Ingram isn't the fastest back in the 2011 NFL Draft, but he has amazing balance, power, vision and terrific instincts. He will be the first back off the board.

3/29/10: The 2009 Heisman Trophy winner, Mark Ingram rushed for 1,658 yards and 17 touchdowns on a 6.1 YPC. He also caught 32 passes for 334 more yards. He's a legit top-10 prospect.

:star: 2nd Round early select the best OL on the board
  2. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,776 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    No.

That is all.
  3. Jusl89

Jusl89 New Member

70 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We have 3 RBs already, we need another?
  4. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL.

Okay we need safeties and linebackers too, CB wouldn't hurt either.. but you get my point.
  5. ryan44

ryan44 New Member

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Absolutely no WRs or RBs in the first round, preferably none at all in this draft until maybe the last day. Address the o-line and the defensive secondary.
  6. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    IMO, he isn't even the best back on his team.
  7. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    taking OL in the early 2nd Round than come back in the 3rd but whether those wearing Rose Colored Glasses wants to admit it or not, we need a RB that can carry the load not Barber the short yardage back or Felix the only can take pitches to gain yards. We need someone to tote the rock and make an impact and that person is not on the Roster.
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I'm good with this:

1 OT
    2 FS
    3 G
    4 SS
    5 G
    6 C
    7 ILB

I think we can go ahead with B.James and Lee for a year before worrying about getting James immediate replacement.

OL and Safety are bigger holes imo.
  9. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,776 Messages
    581 Likes Received

Good man. I too am on the Trent Richardson bandwagon.
  10. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    He is a stud, but your right Richardson looks just like A.P.
  11. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That may be the case, but this team will likely be picking in the Top 10 and you don't need to waste a pick on a running back at that spot.

If there is any one position in football where you can locate talent in later rounds in the draft with regularity, it's running back.
  12. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,336 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    [IMG]

I think Ingram is gonna be a good one but RB is near the bottom of the lists of team needs.
  13. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,999 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    no thankyou to Ingram.

If we pick top 3 then we HAVE to take either Peterson, CB, LSU or Andrew Luck. And yes i know we have Romo but he;s 31 and you do not pass on taking the best qb prospect in years imo. Let him sit for 2-3 years then move him in a la Rodgers in Green bay.

That said i expect us to finish about 4-12/5-11 so maube Prince Amukamara, cb, Nebraska in round 1. Right now i dont see a legit top 5 OL or S.
    Guys like Marcus Cannon will be there at the top of round 2 or maybe even a 3-4 DE like the DE from Cal(Cameron ?? name escapes me now) as i think we lose 2 de's in FA.