1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Round 4 targets...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cdewsxzaq, Apr 27, 2012.

1. cdewsxzaq

cdewsxzaq Member

127 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't know much about Lewis's character issues, but it seems like it fits. In a lot of mocks he was a 2nd round guy and teams have been passing for one reason or another. But Crick's injury doesn't seem any more irrepairable than Sean Lee's or Bruce Carter's. I hope they didn't cross him out solely on that...
  2. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind us bringing him in. I was hoping for Brandon Brooks but he is probably the best interior OL left.
  3. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The top-rated player left on my spreadsheet is Bobby Massie, the OT out of Mississippi... OT isn't a high priority for the Boys, but they could use a little more depth there...

Others who merit consideration:

Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State-- a prospect to groom for the future...

Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia-- I don't see the Cowboys going with another corner this early...

Ben Jones, C/OG, Georgia... I like Philip Blake better...

George Iloka, S, Boise State... a big safety, but I wonder if he has the speed to make it at the next level...

Orson Charles, TE, Georgia... again, there are options later in the draft that I like even better, but the Boys did show some interest in Charles...

Billy Winn, DE, Boise State... I don't see the Boys making back to back picks on DEs...

Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State... has some injury issues, but the Boys could use some help at S...

Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas... the Horns had a really good defense in 2011...

Cam Johnson, OLB, Virginia... played in a 4-3 in college, but the Boys like him as a 3-4 prospect... the question is, do they like him as an OLB, or to bulk up and play DE??

Jonathon Massaquoi, OLB, Troy... yeah, there will likely be some pass-rushing linebackers available in the 4th round...

Lardarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette... Jay Novacek starter kit, has the speed to stretch the field... I'd still rather draft my TE later...

Brandon Washington, OG/C, Miami
    ... the ability to play all the interior line positions makes him attractive...

Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU... a stumpy widebody with quickness and power...

Philip Blake, C, Baylor... my favorite center prospect remaining on the board...

If I could claim any two of those prospects, it would be Fangupo and Blake... if one of them gets drafted before the Boys pick, substitute one of the OLBs...

Not that I've been right about ANYTHING thus far in the draft... LOL...
  4. Skerr41

Skerr41 Member

111 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good list bear. I'm surprised Boykin is still available
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,707 Messages
    418 Likes Received
    Glad someone else feels the same. Jones gets pushed around pretty easily it seems to me. Blake has excellent swivel and is powerful. The guy averaged something like 7-8 pancakes a game.
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,655 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    At halftime?