1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Roy Williams: It's my fault...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Sep 20, 2005.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Just heard Roy on ESPN Dallas take full responsibility fro the loss...

One TD was DEFINITELY his fault... the other was on Glenn...

At least it's nice to see Roy stand-up and take responsibility...
  2. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good for Roy that shows his character.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,449 Likes Received
    I agree with Roy, he got burnt. It happens as much as I hate to say that. For the most part Roy was having a great night too bad it had to end the way it did for him.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,049 Messages
    4,399 Likes Received
    Way to Cowboy up and take responsibility.
  5. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,091 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Roy is being a man and taking the blame...Good...Now just don't let it happen again.
  6. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Which one was his fault? - I am just curious because I thought it was the first one and the 70 yarder was on Glen.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,028 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Well fellas, this just shows that we don't have a FS that can cover. Teams will continue to isolate RLW in our scheme and this will happen again. Until we change our coverage scheme and use a real FS, this is going to continue to be a vulnerability on our defense.
  8. 31WillHammerU

31WillHammerU New Member

443 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He always has. Now let's get to the real root of the problem... Why is he covering the fastest WR on the field???

BP, Zimmer would you like to enlighten us? :thumbup:
  9. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,815 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    Up until the last 5 minutes or so, Roy was on fire. It was like we thought the game ended after the RW sack making it 3rd and 27.
  10. 31WillHammerU

31WillHammerU New Member

443 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We are getting closer to the root here....
  11. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glenn shouldnt be on Moss anyways thats a huge mismatch. Zimmer is worthless.
  12. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Roy also made a ton of great plays last night. We might have lost by 14 if it weren't for him being in Brunell's face all night. I don't see how anyone in there right mind could pin this loss on him. He played his heart out as usual.
  13. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    That is my take... Glenn was in the wrong coverage on the 70 yarder...
  14. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The first one was on Glenn, he got beat by a double move, Roy noticed it and tried to get back there to help, but was a milisecond too late. The second one was on roy because moss just ran right between him and Glenn. Roy should have given more cushion and fall back instead of running in to play him close.
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Late in games, when teams have abandoned the run, all safeties have pass coverage responsibilities. If Roy is so phyiscally limited that he can't even accomplish the most basic of safety responsibilities, then the Cowboys just need to convert him to linebacker and be done with it. Unfortunately, he won't be near as effective as a linebacker when he actually has to take on blockers instead of being unblocked for most of the game, but at least he won't be a complete liability.
  16. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    RW just needs to stay in front of the deep guy, then react. He gets so caught up in trying to make a play he gets burned. If Moss is at the 30, RW should be at the 20 ready to react when the ball is thrown. Instead he plays aggressive and speed kills.

I applaud RW for taking the blame, but late in the game, he needs to get back to basics and cover the right way.
  17. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,187 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Maybe the second one, but definitely not the first. You're not going to convice me of that Roy. That pass was sheer luck. And it wasn't your fault that after putting the Redskins in a 3rd and 27 that Brunell, literally Mr. Slo Mo out there when he was scrambling, ran for 25 yards. You're a class act by owning up and taking responsibility.
  18. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And on that 3rd and 27 our defense looked like they were in prevent, no excuse for brunell to run for 25 yards up the middle of the field, not with our defense or any other. It almost seemed like our defensive team was on a water break for that play. Not to be a homer, but if that bogus hold on Flozell hadnt been caled, we'd all be singing a different tune this morning, that was devastating.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,015 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    So when are 70 yard TD's where the WR runs between two defenders SHEER LUCK???

You got me on that one.

Please explain how luck was involved. ???
  20. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,016 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Taking responsibilty does nothing to improve what has been seen by everyone for a long time and that is Roy is an absolute liabilty to our team when he is in coverage.
    It's sickening!