1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RTN: 4 More Reasons for Vince Young to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by speedkilz88, Jun 18, 2013.

1. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,527 Messages
    1,135 Likes Received
    Says who? All reports are that Dez is finally understanding the mental part of the game. So this is really a non-issue. Also I don't think VY would have any issues with the playbook. Seems like he has dedicated himself and obviously he graduated college so maybe everyone is selling the guy short. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him and seeing what hes got. Obviously he isn't going to challenge Romo for a spot, but he does have some tools and some packages that could be used on the field and if Orton is physically breaking down this wouldn't be a bad move at all and I don't think the media thing is going to be that much of an issue especially with Romo has the franchise QB and the leader on this team and JG as a guy who doesn't really give the media much of anything at all, so obviously he would probably give the media very little access to VY.
  2. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Vince young is awful. That's all that matters. Oh and he is a turd with zero work ethic
    GimmeTheBall! likes this.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,799 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    Really?

This is not true. I mean, if you want to say that you don't like the guy, that's fine but the rest is just crap for the sake of crap.

Come on.
  4. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,580 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    Thats just turrible man. If Dez can learn it, why not VY? I dont think hes as stupid as people make him out to be.

His work ethic is probably the main reason why im not busting out the pom poms with this idea.
  5. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,330 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    But if he can successfully run the scout team so that our defense can prepare for Wash and Philly, to me that's high reward
  6. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,057 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    I bet the Eagles thought he would be low risk/high reward as well.

The Dallas media would always try to bait him into saying something stupid just to grab some headlines.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,893 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    Half our illiterate fanbase would be yelling "VY, VY, VY!" at the games every time Romo missed a receiver.

No thanks. No clown shows here.
  8. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,851 Messages
    983 Likes Received

Work ethic and attitude. No thanks.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,306 Messages
    4,842 Likes Received
    They could call the QC version "the doobie".
  10. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,542 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    OMG....it's all about the OL, if it's good, we don't need him, if it's bad, he won't help.

End of story.
  11. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,697 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    hard to justify a roster spot for a guy to game plan with for 4 games a year. likley less since vick or rgiii has'nt shown they can play 16 games
  12. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    no it isnt , its well documented that his work ethic was very poor in tennessee

The disappointment with Young within the Titans organization went beyond Fisher. Players and front office members reportedly felt let down by the quarterback. NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi said this week that Young’s lack of work ethic is “legendary” around the team.
  13. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,527 Messages
    1,135 Likes Received
    heck ya considering they play 4 games against them
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,230 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    Not to me. I think that aspect is overrated by the guys writing these recent articles.
  15. Vabeachboy

Vabeachboy Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This...agree completely... there's absolutely nothing wrong with bringing him in to camp and who knows?... Maybe he lights it up and we trade Orton for a 5th or 6th...
  16. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    You know what, I was a huge VY supporter when he came out, and people said he was too dumb to play the position, and I don't know that he was too dumb to play it, he just couldn't throw good enough.

I don't see the purpose of bringing him in, let's just keep it the way it is for now. Not that Jerry's listening to me.
  17. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Kindof a low risk. Someone mentioned that he would help the Cowboys scout team when they play the Skins. I think that alone would be worth it since you play them twice and the division may come down to those games. After hearing the mini camp reports that Orton has nothing left, it might be time to bring in some new bodies at backup QB.
  18. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I've never been a VY fan so I hope he doesn't get a chance to wear the Cowboys uniform.
  19. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Bringing in Vince Young would be awful.
  20. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Definitely feels like they are trying to sell the fan base on VY. Jerry could probably at least sell some jerseys before he inevitably goes crazy or gets cut.