1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RTN: 4 More Reasons for Vince Young to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by speedkilz88, Jun 18, 2013.

1. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,065 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    He threw better than Tebow does and if you read the Broaddus article he saw him workout in Austin and he has worked on his throwing motion and getting out from center. Showed good footwork, motion, and accuracy. Better than what he saw out of the #3 and #4 guys on the roster.
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,277 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    No thanks. Way too many strip clubs in the DFW area. Don't need another head-case.

Honestly, I can't believe we're even discussing VY.
  3. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,961 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    so how's that new throwing motion and footwork going to be when he has to read a defense at the same time?
  4. speedkilz88

20,065 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Better than Nick Stephens and Dalton Williams I would surmise.
  5. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,385 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Word up, home skillet...
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,058 Messages
    1,615 Likes Received
    would not bother me if he was part of the 80 in camp.
  7. mcompact

mcompact Member

60 Messages
    18 Likes Received
  8. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    might as well give him a try but would we ever actually bench romo and put young in on a 3rd and goal? lol no
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,922 Messages
    1,689 Likes Received
    That's a horrible reason in itself. Be a huge waste of a roster spot.
  10. Hoofbite

31,922 Messages
    1,689 Likes Received
    Probably because #3 and #4 guys on the roster are generally camp bodies, maybe practice squad players.......not 30 year old option QBs who throw like Uncle Rico.

Dallas shouldn't keep 3 QBs anyway so what these guys show means very little unless one of them shows enough to be viewed as a guy who can assume the backup role in the future or possibly even start 5 years down the road.
  11. speedkilz88

20,065 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Do you guys even read the articles?
  12. Hoofbite

31,922 Messages
    1,689 Likes Received
    I didnt. Don't need to because the idea sucks. No amount of pretty writing changes that.
  13. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,393 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Sure, bring in this head case.
    When VY goes into a 'nobody loves me' mode, Jerra could go looking for him in his car.
    Is it just me or is there a reason the rest of the league thinks he's poison?

Thank goodness he has a degree in fitness or jumping rope or whatever degree the Universe of Texas gave him so he'd go away.
  14. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,393 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Ya know, there was no reason to diss Uncle Rico. Comparing Uncle Rico to VY is a heinous thing. On good days Uncle Rico can thow the ball.
  15. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,812 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    I stopped reading at 'Vince Young'.
  16. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

368 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I don't see any harm to give Vince Young a look at camp. I don't trust Orton on what he brings to the table if Romo goes down and after reports during this offseason on Orton, it seems like my instincts are spot on.

With what Dallas has on roster now at the QB position, we as fans better hope like hell that our OL don't let Romo get hurt this year or we are going to be in a world of trouble.
  17. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,325 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    What does "it does no harm to take a look" mean? It seems like a negative way of approaching player acquisition. I don't want the best thing you can say about a player is that "it does no harm to take a look". I want better than that.
  18. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,928 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    with his well known lack of work ethic and me me me attitude i think it can do a LOT of harm
  19. utrunner07

utrunner07 Active Member

8,927 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Do you feel better about yourself now, Anonymous sports message board poster?
  20. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,416 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    The intelligence and athleticism of the team does not improve by bringing in this player.

The player relied on athleticism to get to the NFL, not on the field thinking. The athleticism has eroded some while the decision making part of the game has not shown any improvement in the players' last few stops.

How is this an improvement to the 80 man roster if the player was added?