About six years ago I released something called the Open Source Draft Simulator. It was written in C++/STL, did deterministic and stochastic drafts, and took me (and a friend) about two months to write. Recently I've gotten interested in a language called Ruby because people speak of the immense productivity gains possible with the language. Last weekend I started rewriting my old program. By Sunday night I had a working version of the rewrite. No stochastics, but the team needs language was better than the old one. I've released the Ruby code as part of my Sourceforge project. https://sourceforge.net/projects/draft-simul You can download a Ruby interpreter here, the "One Click Installer" http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinstaller/ The program is small. Before commenting and adding error checking hooks, it ended up less than 500 lines of code. Printed, it's about 10 pages now. Most of the code simply loads data. The draft calculation loop is perhaps a page in size. If you do and you like what it does, tell me about it sometime. I'm interested in describing how a team can draft. That's going to be the primary focus of this Ruby effort. David.