1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rumor: Bush WILL NOT play for New Orleans

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by peplaw06, Apr 29, 2006.

1. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Heard on the way home from work on 1540 - The Ticket... SoCal radio station, used to be the "Official Home of Trojan Football"

They said on the Sporting News Flash that Reggie Bush and his agent Joel Segal plan to tell the Saints that he WILL NOT play for them.

NO will probably be better of trading down now.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,996 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    Someone needs to tell him to shut his mouth. He's only hurting his chances of a trade. If the Jets know he won't play for NO they won't give up anything.
  3. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    smokescreen.
  4. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    I think this is a disturbing trend we're seeing more often. These guys stand to make millions upon millions playing a game. If you don't like where you could be drafted, tough. Play out your first contract (though they'd probably try to sign for as short a term as they can get) and then be a free agent. This trying to dictate who drafts you is crap. If you don't love the game enough to play for anyone, you don't deserve to play it.
  5. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,656 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Unless of course, they only want to play for the Cowboys......;)

Don't know if there is any truth to this, but it would make for an interesting day tomorrow. With NO being a relatively small and limited market, this wouldn't be a big shocker.
  6. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    He's already blown millions by reportedly being difficult to sign, now he's blowing more millions by saying this stuff.
  7. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,095 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Reggie Bush better not play that card...I have already had to redo my mock once and that would make twice in one night.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    why would the Saints take Bush? they already have Deuce McCallister at RB, more likely that they field trade offers
  9. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Deuce McAllister is a larger version of Julius Jones. A whole lot of flash, and a serious lack of durability.

BTW, I'm drunk and apologize for anything offensive I'm about to or may have posted. Thank you in advance.
  10. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Well, didn't they draft McAlister when they had Ricky Williams? McAlister is coming off a knee injury too, who knows what will happen with him? I do know that Michael Bennett, while not a bad backup, is hardly starter material in this league.

Plus passing up on him because you had McAlister would be like passing on Jordan because you had Reggie Miller.
  11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    he's bigger than Bush is though
  12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    probably because of why Ricky's out of the league

knee injuries are no problem after surgery

it's called filling a bigger need by selecting someone else and helping your team more with extra picks
  13. theogt

43,996 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    Before last season Deuce had only missed 3 games.

Julius can hardly be described as "lacking durability". Bad luck, maybe.
  14. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  15. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Yes, but the fact remains, they drafted a RB when they had one. Then they moved Williams. If they did take Bush, they could just as easily trade McAlister.

Tell that to Jamal Anderson.

If there's a guy on the board who you think could be a generational back, you take him. I don't care who you have... You can make other moves. Move McAlister for draft picks I don't care. But if they had all their holes filled and needed a PK, would they take Stephen Gostkowski at number 2?
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    you saw how much Edge and Shaun Alexander were going to fetch last year when they were being shopped around, a 2nd, I doubt Nawlins wants to let go of the proven Deuce for only a 2nd, for an unproven Bush

he wrecked both knees

but that's the thing, Nawlins doesn't have all their holes filled
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,576 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    IMO, N.O. would be crazy not to take Bush.
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think they'd be crazy to not at least entertain trade offers to see what they could get
  19. theogt

43,996 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    It'll be funny when they set up a trade for Bush. This will effectively negate the Texans' "We couldn't find a trade partner" excuse.
  20. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,576 Messages
    513 Likes Received

He had surgery on both knees too. You said knee injuries aren't a problem after surgery. That's not always true, even nowadays.

When the best player on the board is one of the best to come out in YEARS, you draft him. Bush is by far the best player available. If it were close, I'd take the bigger need. But it's not close.