1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rumor: Inside info on Cowboys draft/FA plans

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dboy214, Dec 29, 2011.

1. coblue

coblue Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If this is true passing of info from inside the organization, it contains alot of intentional disinformation to cloud things - and thats a good thing that those departments are in full draft and FA preparation as they need to be.
  2. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received

Good ole General Manager!
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,746 Messages
    10,041 Likes Received
    I love reading fake insider info.
  4. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,009 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    Wishing death on some one over a sport? Dude you have issues.
  5. Dfense94

Dfense94 Benched

144 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Theres alot of members here. I'm sure theres plenty of occassions where people throw enough potatoes on the wall and some of it sticks.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,746 Messages
    10,041 Likes Received
    You've just described 100% of all insider info you read on these boards.

The Cowboys haven't even begun to rank and stack their draft board and this guy already knows their plan with their picks.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Guess you didn't read the rest of my post... that being the case, permit me to summarize:

Posting in all caps, and in larger fonts, is IGNORANT... it doesn't make your point more forceful, instead it makes you look like a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum...

So, if you don't have a point, then posting like that merely makes you look foolish, while if you DO have a point, there's no need to post like that...
  8. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  9. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,271 Messages
    2,466 Likes Received
    Matt Forte is a perfect fit for Garrett's offense; he excels as a runner and pass catcher out of the backfield.

But his acquisition would be completely untenable from a depth standpoint.
  10. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    While I may question the validity of the information, I do know that teams work on stacking and ranking players for draft year round. It may not be the HC or the GM doing it (they have to worry about the current season) but their scouting departments work on this year round.

So the scouting department has an idea of where players are ranked, and that list is changing (injuries, players getting better, bowl game play, etc.) as the year progresses to the draft.
  11. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    Just my 2 cents, but I like Laurent Robinson and would prefer him over Desean Jackson when you compare their price tags and production. Jackson is a great player, but I don't know that the premium you would pay for him could be better used at another position (o-line). Robinson is nowhere near Jackson's level, but he fits as a 3rd receiver very well, and he fits the system...likely without the hefty price tag.
  12. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    We work on stacking good player after good player, each and every day. :D
  13. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,598 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    We're not going to break the bank for Forte. We have runners, we need blockers.

And Desean Jackson? He'll want a fortune and will act like a fool. Sounds like a perfect Eagle.
  14. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received

Forte and Jackson is not what we need. DRAFT: PASS RUSHING OLB 1ST PICK, CB, ILB IN THAT ORDER. F/A: SS-Landry poss. G- Grimes poss. First three picks DEFENSE anything else would not be smart. Why would you get Forte with having Murray, Felix why or Jackson when he doesn't fit Garrett mold,don't believe that one. WE NEED DEFENSE PLAYMAKERS MY FA WISHES CB-FINNEGAN, SS- LANDRY, G- GRIMES. If we could get Finnegan id make my second draft pick a ILb or G with second pick.
  15. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    having a bruiser RB in the rotation, ala Sammy Morris or Matt Forte, should be a goal for the offseason. There's no reason to break the bank in FA or spend a high draft pick on him, but getting one on the roster makes perfect sense.
  16. coblue

coblue Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I could only hope the idea is Forte and Murray as the tandem with Jones shipped off for picks or a position of need...
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    You couldn't be more wrong. As a new member, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
  18. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    That's the only way it would make sense, I think, but Forte probably wants a lot of money, and may have the choice to go somewhere were he will start.

Jackson on the other hand is a one trick pony and an ijit. Say no to expensive ijits....
  19. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,669 Messages
    3,187 Likes Received
    Not sold on the fact that this supposed "insider" is a true insider.

The information seems unrealistic in many areas.
  20. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,344 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Are you guys really buying into that Forte "rumor"?? You know he will be one of the highest paid RBs in the NFL right? We're not talking about a rotation, we're talking about a RB that will be paid to be THE guy wherever he signs with.

Going after him makes no sense considering the Cowboys just found DeMarco Murray