1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rumor: Inside info on Cowboys draft/FA plans

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dboy214, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,317 Messages
    6,300 Likes Received
    Not true. Teams don't even begin to stack their board until after the season. They have scout grades on players but where they rank, who has priority over who, who fits and who doesn't, none of that has been done.

There's not a team in the league that has any plan right now what they'll be doing with their picks. So this information is obviously fake and a cry for attention.
  2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,126 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    I appreciate all inside information, but I seriously doubt that someone in the know at Valley Ranch is divulging information that is basically top secret. If it isn't then it's general knowledge stuff that any random nobody could put together.
  3. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    I'd say having interest in Forte and Desean Jackson is just the organization doing it due diligence, just like the reported interest in Cam Newton in last year's draft, doesnt mean they will be actively trying to sign the guys
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,126 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    And a running back coming off a severe knee injury.

Broken ankles aren't as serious and MCL and ACL tears.
  5. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The only way we go after Forte is if we have an attractive offer on the table for both Murray and Felix.

I don't think if makes sense to give an RB a premier second contract. You rarely get your moneys worth because of the high rate of injury and burnout at the position. It is the first contract signed at draft that gets you value.
  6. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    like i said the poster is well respected on that board. he gave us details about sam hurd before the media got to it.

plus lets say someone were told to "fake" being an insider...who in their right mind would use forte and/or desean to get credibility?
  7. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    scipio don't you post on OB?
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,107 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    only the ones stated in the txt.
  9. dools

dools Member

219 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I am a member of that site. Here is another quote taken from the guy on the reasoning behind looking at Desean Jackson.

"the DeSean thing actually had to do with Dez possibly not being a Cowboy next season,im sure all of you will disagree with me but it is a real possibility his latest antics with him not paying his debts has annoyed the Cowboys front office they are not looking forward to having one of their players get served papers at the team hotel or at the Meadowlands on Sunday."

Once again not my words so don't kill me!
  10. iceberg

28,107 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    his latest antics of not paying off debts? you mean the antics from the START of the year and that are now paid off and over with?

i swear people don't think before they repeat stupid things.
  11. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,837 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    I see absolutely zero chance we try to sign either Forte of Jackson. We don't need them. We've got two very good backs and three WRs, with lots of money going to Austin and Bryant. Forte and Jackson will get top $ as number one backs and receivers. Absolutely zero chance we go after either one. Besides that, I'd throw up if Jackson became a Cowboy. I can't stand that show boat.
  12. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,505 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    I truly believe that we will be looking for a pashrusher in the draft and will draft one in the early rds,a good pash rush is the real tonic for this defense and secondary.
  13. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,241 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Nick Foles from Arizona?

Oh god I hope not. He's a statue out there.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    actually there is a thread in News zone about him being sued about not paying a debt and this one is new.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    And ANYONE thinking Red Ball wants Desean Jackson is drunk or stupid. So ANYONE claiming this is inside information is BS.

They really need to fire that janitor.
  16. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,499 Messages
    770 Likes Received
    Maybe Jerry wants him?

[Ducking...]
  17. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received

:rolleyes:
  18. iceberg

28,107 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    my bad then - i just saw it.

i honestly don't really care about it but i'm sure jones and company is tired of all the media making something of it.

why it really matters is beyond me because if it wasn't this they'd just hype up something else.
  19. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,503 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    I'm sorry I dont believe any of the fa plans. Why go after forte or Jackson ? Stunt demarco, DEz and robinson growth with this team ? Don't buy it
  20. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,715 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Holley and Ogletree will both be gone. They'll be replaced by younger players with a higher upside like Harris, Holmes, and Radway.