1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rumor: Ndamukong Suh may be traded

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Texas_Pete, Feb 12, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,983 Messages
    2,006 Likes Received
    22 mil lol thats insane. Dallas is going to be in this spot with Ware next yr. 2014 is his last with Dallas.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,571 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    yep but I think Dallas works a pay cut with Ware. 22 million is a way to high of a cap hit. I think Detroit will extend him Suh and not trade him. It would suck to trade a player and still have a almost 10 million cap hit.
  3. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,629 Messages
    930 Likes Received
    If we cut Ware we could.
  4. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,419 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    If they trade him the cap hit would actually be 19m. That would still be a 3m savings for 2014 and almost 14m in 2015.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    No doubt. Rams are likely the most must unfortunate team in the NFL to have that deal come a year too late.
  6. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,419 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    The Lions had to pay Stafford, CJohnson and Suh those crazy rookie deals. It also cost them a lot more to re-sign CJohnson because his franchise tag would've been so large. It's one thing the league got right.
  7. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    No way we could afford it, but I'd easily give up our first and then some (1st, 3rd, 2015 3rd, Hanna). He's a top 3 DT in the NFL who is only getting better. May be a bit of a headcase but who cares, he instantly makes our defense worlds better.
  8. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Yeah the Lions are definitely feeling the consequences of sucking for almost an entire decade and having to hand out those contracts.

It's almost impossible to imagine having to give $40M in guaranteed money to a player who hasn't played a single snap in back-to-back years.

I agree, those contracts were stupid and the league is better off not having such a stupid system in place.
  9. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Even if the team could afford it they have no business in wasting so much on 1 guy.

If there's a team that trades for him I bet it isn't that much. The Lions are desperate to get something for him while they can, as soon as they can. He's got a high base salary and it's doubtful he'll return to that team.

They aren't trying to get rid of him because he has such great trade value so giving them great trade value in addition to taking his $12M base salary off their hands and then giving out the contract that would be necessary to complete the deal is just a disaster.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,097 Messages
    1,943 Likes Received
    Bingo. :rolleyes:
  11. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,966 Messages
    1,529 Likes Received
    my goodness, money aside, having this thug in the middle would change the mindset of the defense....I too would not want to give up high draft pick(s) for him and then have a difficult salary to manage as well...but, this guy would draw a double team on every snap and would immediately make the DL more viable...then you slap a draft pick or two on the DL along with Crawford, Bass coming back (hopefully healthy), then you just might have something

of course, as many have said, this is cost-prohibitive
    Texas_Pete likes this.
  12. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,682 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    He may be a bit of a thug but I'm all for having freaks on defense that play all out. We haven't had enough of that for years.
  13. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,235 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received
    Our modern day Charles Haley acquisition lol
  14. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,589 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Where does this rumor come from?
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,695 Likes Received
    poor bear walked with a limp the rest of its life. Marrinelli is seriously mean.
  16. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,682 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    I'm not buying it. He didn't exactly make our defense look any good on whatever he was coaching. Sorry I don't see much of a change if the roster remains virtually the same. Marrinelli hasn't had that great a track record. His best record as a DC was with the Bears. But they've had talent for a while on defense.
  17. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    This is not a joke. Sign Incognito and send our 2nd (if we can get it) to Detroit for Ndamukong... and line those pekers up across from each other so the Cowboys practices have meaning. Attitude!

...and release Ware
    Nirvana likes this.
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Rumor? Did you see the Megatron contract?
  19. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,822 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    Suh, Fairley and Ansah on the Detroit DL and I don't recall it being dominant. So, no to Suh. Let some other team dish out all that money and then their fans can hope and pray he stays healthy and produces. I'd rather have 3 players for the amount of money it would take to sign Suh.
  20. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    Mega....Bucks

7 year 132m/60 m guaranteed