1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rumor out of Philly... Eagles interested in Reggie Bush?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by hughp33, Jul 24, 2011.

1. hughp33

hughp33 Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My Dad lives in South Jersey, and he was telling me that the Eagles were looking to get Reggie Bush? What do you all think about that move?
  2. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,343 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Won't help their D. Won't help their running game once the weather turns cold.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

9,070 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    i hope not. He would be a nightmare in open space. If anyone would no how to use him it would be andy.
  4. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,204 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    For the 10-12 games he played, Bush and McCoy would make a scary duo. Just think of all the space underneath Bush would have to operate given the deep help over the top to defend Jackson and Maclin.
  5. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

9,070 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    this...hopefully some team like the panthers want to pay more for him...lol:D

I probably rather he go to the skins.
  6. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Doesn't scare me at all. It's one thing when you're Reggie Bush and have a Drew Brees behind center, it's another entirely when you have Michael Vick... who I still feel will be crashing down to earth real soon.
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,577 Messages
    1,784 Likes Received
    Him and McCoy would make a pretty solid duo, especially using Reggie underneath with Jackson and Maclin taking defenses deep.

Won't help their D though and the fact that Vick is still their QB and I believe destined to come crashing back to Earth, permanetly, starting this year.

You started to see it out of him late in the season last year and I believe that trend will continue.
  8. treykin32

treykin32 Member

186 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I heard that the Eagles were also interested in Brett Favre
    :lmao2:
  9. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's a perfect fit for a west coast style offense... I wouldn't like facing him twice a year.
  10. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,904 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    We are talking about NFL Reggie, and not USC Reggie... correct?
  11. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

4,024 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    That's a lot of spark on an offense with already a lot of spark.

Their tight end would be rendered absolutely useless if Bush came.

Not like Vick is throwing to him anyways.
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,534 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Bucs have 59 million under the cap. He would be nice with freeman and blount.

I have also heard all of the bush to philly rumors
  13. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,375 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    i actually just had a convo with a friend the other day about bush in philly. he could be used exactly like westbrook used to and that would be bad.
  14. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah Tampa Bay is my sleeper team for 2011. If they add a play-maker like Reggie Bush, watch out!!!!
  15. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,748 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    I don't think that is the case. Westbrook could run inside and outside, block and catch. Bush is only good at running outside and catching the ball. I'm not convinced he offers much more than McCoy does other than return punts.
  16. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,375 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    bush is much quicker and much more elusive. true bush isnt as complete as westbrook was but in todays game he doesnt have to be with RB by commitee.
  17. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

19,703 Messages
    2,895 Likes Received
    With all of these rumors connecting multiple players to the Eagles - Burress, Haynesworth, Favre, Asomugha, Rodgers-Cromartie, Ray Edwards, and now Bush - it seems to me as though the Eagles will be 'going for broke' and trying to make a real run at a championship this year.
  18. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree, they'd be a solid combo. McCoy is a good inside runner and Bush commands a lot of attention in space, more than just a CB.
  19. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why? They would be better to go back with Cornell Buckhalter.
  20. hughp33

hughp33 Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My Dad did say that this is Andy Reids last year to make a run for the superbowl. If they go "All Chips In" and don't win it, the fans will want his head on a platter and he's gone.